Vainglory Forums

Enemy Team Squads Up!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kanjo » January 14, 2015 9:03am | Report
I've had this happen multiple times. Whether I'd be jungling or in the lane with a teammate or not, the enemy team would travel in groups and pretty much impossible to get kills because a 1v3 is ridiculous. And when you try to run away, they slow you down with their attacks and finish you off. You would attack one enemy player, and two others would jump out and kill you. What are some tips to dealing with these little "groups" that comstantly harass you? Thanks guys
IGN: Kanjo
Main: Koshka , Skye , Taka
Serious player, never AFK
Great Karma ?

Kanjo
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 14, 2015 10:47am | Report
I know it's sad really that people have to resort into such pathetic practices that is zerging a player and constantly avoiding 1on1's. However, on the other hand some heroes are quite weak at 1on1 compared to the others, so you could say to counter that weakness, you take a team mate to help you farm faster and safer at the early/mid game. Best thing you can do is inv a friend to your party and match with him/her to avoid the constant zerg. I personally think it's not so bad, it's not like people zerg in every match, but yeah, when it does happen it's pretty annoying. I play with Koshka myself and going against Krul solo is bad enough already, add Taka to it and it's nothing short but a nightmare'ish experience in the jungle. When I match solo (which happens 95% of the time) I keep pinging my location to have the randoms help me in the Jungle. Baddies ignore it and stick to the lane, decent players come and help me out :)
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » January 14, 2015 11:04am | Report
Scout Traps are you friend! Although this post was to someone using Krul it should apply fairly well here:

wolf_hands wrote:

I forgot to mention using Scout Traps!!

Grab your Ironguard Contract, a couple potions, and then the scout trap. When you get chased, have one of two plans ready: 1) Drop the trap in a predetermined escape route, preferably in a narrow area so that they have to walk across it, or 2) Keep it on you until you do get chased, and then drop it when they've committed to the chase so you know it'll chunk their health.

After that initial defense strategy, keep a scout trap or two on you most of the time to rinse-and-repeat. Kite them into the traps to start the encounter in your favor.

Hopefully this will help offset their early game advantage in the jungle. Plus, having vision for ganks will be helpful as well. :)

Another tactic to get away with Koshka is to use Pouncy Fun on a jungle creep to lengthen the gap for escaping.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 14, 2015 11:29am | Report
I use iron contract in that case together with pots, I don't like wasting my cash on scout traps in the early phase of the game, I use them for mid-late game, usually when Kraken spawns. Krul is not too big of an issue if he's alone, but with Take, it's incredibly annoying. Almost impossible to run away even with pounce (if they have half a brain).

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » January 14, 2015 12:27pm | Report
@Fenelia You'll easily make the gold up with the bounty from enemy kills :P
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 14, 2015 1:37pm | Report
I don't know...you could be right. When I play with Koshy I prefer farming mobs until at least lvl 6 before I start ganking, the lvl'ing goes so much faster and I usually outlvl everyone at mid game which are easy kills then, unless Im up against those silly baddies that roam the jungle as 2-3 to prevent me from farming :x

Fenelia
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved