Vainglory Forums

experience

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by xDeletex » March 10, 2015 5:52am | Report
Can someone explain to me how exp. in vainglory works?

Another thread in this forum said = If a minion is killed near to you, you're getting exp.

I know that if you're alone in the lane, you're getting the full exp.
If you're with 2, the amount of exp is divided by 2, so the exp is lower. (but the one who kills it gets more)

Now, my question:
do you only get exp. when you or an ally last hit the minion? or just by attacking it?
What if a turret or an ally minion near you, last hit an enemy minion?

thx

xDeletex
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » March 10, 2015 6:04am | Report
As a general rule, you only get exp and money when you score the last hit on an enemy minion or enemy hero.

There are items, however, that allow you to share that exp: the ironguard contract and stormguard banner (asides from increading the damage you deal to enemy turrets and minions) give you money for every 5 times you receive damage from a minion AND you get a bit of exp/money when said minion is slayed by a hero companion while you're nearby.

You can see how much exp you've accumulated level by level as a grayish bar below your three abilities, the bar fills up as you gain exp and when it's filled out you gain a level and it starts over.

Hope this explanation helps!
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » March 10, 2015 7:08am | Report
Aquiday wrote:

You can see how much exp you've accumulated level by level as a grayish bar below your three abilities, the bar fills up as you gain exp and when it's filled out you gain a level and it starts over.

i never knew this are you for real
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by xDeletex » March 10, 2015 7:33am | Report
thx for the reply

Aquiday wrote:

AND you get a bit of exp/money when said minion is slayed by a hero companion while you're nearby.

AND exp?? You sure you need ironguard contract for it? I can't read it anywhere

xDeletex
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » March 10, 2015 7:42am | Report
Cwallace000 wrote:

i never knew this are you for real

Yep! Discovered it a while back. You can see it by yourself in your next match, or in practice mode!

xDeletex wrote:

thx for the reply

AND exp?? You sure you need ironguard contract for it? I can't read it anywhere

Hmm you might be right about the exp part, now that I re-read the item description it only mentions a 20% bonus gold when the minion is slayed near you. Guess I'll have to conduct a bit of an experiment to find out if it's only the gold after all. You definitely need ironguard to get the bonus gold, though. Otherwise, if you don't get last hit on the minion, you get nothing.
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by xDeletex » March 10, 2015 8:06am | Report
I just been in practice mode.
the ironguard doesn't change exp, only money.
But your tip on the grey bar was really helpfull... It seems that you also gain exp. when an ally minion or turret kills an enemy minion (but you have to be near by to gain the exp).
And it's that exp that divides in 2 when you're with 2 in lane.

thx for the help!

xDeletex
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved