Vainglory Forums

Fire Sale! Everything Must Go!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ouroboro » October 11, 2015 4:56pm | Report
I come across this quite often. Players, win or lose, would quickly sell off all of their items at the end of battle. What's the point in this? Yes, I'm asking anyone who would like to share an answer. The only thing I could gather from this is that they don't want anyone to copy their character build. It may work on those with tunnel vision, but anyone who has any skill at the game will follow your build throughout the match. I always check to see what my allies/enemies are building, from beginning to end. It helps determine what I need to build to aid or counter.

If I'm wrong to why they sell off their items, then please share your thoughts.

(I laughed at one point when someone sold off their items, then the match took another turn allowing them to catch up. They had a crumby version of their former gear. Hilarious. The unexpected turn ended swiftly with one of their team at half power)
IGN: Ouroboro

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War-

Ouroboro
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 11, 2015 5:51pm | Report
I do this a lot and all I can say is that it's just a habit.

In the beginning I did it because I thought my builds were special but then I noticed that pretty much everyone built the same thing according to the hero they're playing.

Even though there wasn't a point to it anymore the habit was already formed-plus it's kind of "thrilling" to teleport back home, race against the clock to sell your items, and possibly buy bogus items such as all boots.

That unexpected turn adds a dangerous side to selling your items so fire sale veterans like me only sell all of our items when the enemy Vain is destroyed. Not when it's almost dead, when it is shattered.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DrakenMythik » October 12, 2015 7:18am | Report
Just a side note: in the VainGlory League, selling all your items at the end of the match is considered unsportting and is subject to penalty. I view it as people just trying to be trolls. Like Veneticius said, good players will watch your build progress throughout the match so it does not really matter.

DrakenMythik
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 12, 2015 11:53am | Report
I didn't say that Ouroboro did :)

But thanks for the side note - I'll try to stop doing it now that it's considered bad
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » October 28, 2015 6:34pm | Report
Thanks for asking this question! I had always wondered about the lack of equipment in some builds at the end of the game. Never made sense to me...

Kismutt
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by HiRoNoRi » July 4, 2016 11:16am | Report
Veneticius wrote:

I do this a lot and all I can say is that it's just a habit.

In the beginning I did it because I thought my builds were special but then I noticed that pretty much everyone built the same thing according to the hero they're playing.

Even though there wasn't a point to it anymore the habit was already formed-plus it's kind of "thrilling" to teleport back home, race against the clock to sell your items, and possibly buy bogus items such as all boots.

That unexpected turn adds a dangerous side to selling your items so fire sale veterans like me only sell all of our items when the enemy Vain is destroyed. Not when it's almost dead, when it is shattered.

HiRoNoRi
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » July 4, 2016 3:34pm | Report
Ouroboro wrote:

I come across this quite often. Players, win or lose, would quickly sell off all of their items at the end of battle. What's the point in this? Yes, I'm asking anyone who would like to share an answer. The only thing I could gather from this is that they don't want anyone to copy their character build. It may work on those with tunnel vision, but anyone who has any skill at the game will follow your build throughout the match. I always check to see what my allies/enemies are building, from beginning to end. It helps determine what I need to build to aid or counter.

If I'm wrong to why they sell off their items, then please share your thoughts.

(I laughed at one point when someone sold off their items, then the match took another turn allowing them to catch up. They had a crumby version of their former gear. Hilarious. The unexpected turn ended swiftly with one of their team at half power)

I find it that I can kinda gauge how well I did that match farming wise, I always try to sell it all and buy as many shiversteels as possible

vikings102
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved