Vainglory Forums

For the Iron guard clueless

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » May 31, 2015 1:28pm | Report
Please pay attention to your teammates builds. When one of your teamates gets ironguard contract follow them. Let them get first hit, then help them defeat the minion and they should let you get last hit. This is beneficial to both players as the person with IG gets health and gold from the contract and the other player gets gold for last kill. Follow their lead, if they go to right side of map, follow them, don't go the opposite direction.

There are a few that don't understand how it works and complain when you attack their minion. They are unskilled noobs and you are F'd.

Just remember person with ironguard contract gets first hit
Person without contract gets last hit.
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » June 13, 2015 8:58am | Report
I've been playing Fortress and it amazes me how many people get upset when I hit their minion...I just shake my head and move on...*sigh....

Kismutt
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » June 13, 2015 8:39pm | Report
I can empathize. I've been playing Fortress too, and I ping to go to a certain mob, but they avoid me like the plague :(
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » June 15, 2015 11:48am | Report
I've had some decent luck with teammates on how IG works. But I did have one game where a Fortress had IG and I followed him around. He really didn't fall back when it was time for me to take last hit, and took half those hits. After a few minutes he just stood there waiting for me to make the first hit.

I ended up separating and going my own way. We ended up winning and Fortress dominated with 10/0. Thought I missed something on how IG works.
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » June 17, 2015 2:47am | Report
The problem I see, and the way I understand a contract, with iron guard contract you are supposed to take the first hit and allow your ally to get the last hit. You get some gold and some health while your ally gets the gold for the kill. There is no punishment for the person with ironguard to stop them from last hitting, other than not getting the health, who cares about the health I can make up for that with some pots. I think there should be a punishment for taking last hit while ally is within range, -health, 0 gold. This will make them follow the "contract"
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DrScience » June 18, 2015 7:37pm | Report
The one problem with the Contract is that the player with the contract will level up a lot slower due to not getting any last hits. To counter this as the player without the contract I will sometimes give the signal for the contract player to get the last hit. People who understand how to use it usually figure out what's going on pretty quick, and it helps build your teams overall ability faster

DrScience
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » June 19, 2015 9:20am | Report
Here's a really awesome tutorial for IGC :)
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KingKush » June 19, 2015 4:10pm | Report
If you're playing support and you don't know how to use irongaurd contract you need to take a good long hard look at yourself in the mirror and wonder what is the meaning of life

KingKush

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved