Vainglory Forums

Free Hero rotations?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by jCHall » December 9, 2014 6:29am | Report
Hi folks,

I've only been playing for a few weeks, but definitely have learned that understanding the unique characteristics of a hero, build choices and play style really matter.

So I fumbled around with a few characters for a few days. My play time is limited to only a one or two matches a day, though I can get in more games on a Sat or Sun.

I settled on Catherine and began improving my play and helping teammates. Finally won a game or two. Then last Tuesday Catherine was no longer free.

I've moved on to some strange, poor Catherine.

So, who's played long enough to give us an idea...if there is on...of the pattern about free hero rotation. For instance, I notice Krul is now free. Any idea how long he might be that way? How long was Catherine free? Are there any heros that will always be free (stated by the devs)?

I'm definitely going to spend real money on this, I'm a big believer in supporting games such as this with money. However, as I've only played a few weeks, I want to get decent on a few characters to have a good fallback, and not let down my team, if my best choice is taken before I get it.

Any opinions on hero rotation is greatly welcome.

jCHall
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » December 9, 2014 12:57pm | Report
It's usually every week the rotation of heroes changes, give or take a day. The reason is because the devs want to give all players a chance to play ever character, at least, I think that anyways. I don't think any hero will be available every time, there hasn't been one hero always open at least in the Month I've been playing.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by booyatribe » December 9, 2014 1:27pm | Report
unless you purchase them, of course.
IGN: booyatribe
Region: NA
Karma level: 20
Skill Tier: "Decent-ish"
Main: Adagio
Okay: Koshka and Krull

booyatribe
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Walking is SO mundane » December 14, 2015 7:18pm | Report
When I was first learning, I ended up buying Ringo, Catherine, and Koshka. That way, I could focus on learning the playstyles for just three characters, and I wouldn't have to worry about them disappearing. Also, I could choose whichever type of character I needed(Lane, Jungle, or Roam) for the specific game I was in. Instalocking, amirite? (: It didn't cost much glory-wise. I personally think this is better, at least at first, than trying to master each new character as it comes up. Wait until you've mastered the basics.

Walking is SO mundane
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » December 14, 2015 7:21pm | Report
Free Hero Rotation rotates every Tuesday. And for some reason Ringo is always Free to Play.
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 14, 2015 9:26pm | Report
free to play rotation changes weekly and the only pattern I've noticed is ringo being spammed. Catherine is only 800 glory by the way so you won't have much trouble getting her. Just save for her and you'll get her in no time :).

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ceoscah » December 17, 2015 10:54am | Report
Every Tuesday-Rotation. Koshka and Ringo are 800 too.
Halcyon shimmers in my veins
IGN: Ceoscah

Ceoscah
Quote | PM | +Rep by Equ1 » December 21, 2015 9:04pm | Report
Catherine, Koshka, Glaive and Ringo are constantly free to play pretty much at least every second week as they are considered the easiest to play (of each role, laner, jungler, support).
Additionally, not sure whether this contributes to them being in rotation so much, but also they were the first heroes to be out. That is at least why they are so cheap.
The free rotation nearly always has 2 laners, 2 junglers and 2 supports so newer players can play something that matches what their team is playing.
Server: South-East Asia
Average Tier: Pretty Good (6) / Silver (Only 'Cancerous' Solo Queue)
Wins: 486 as of 02/01/2016
Main Heroes:
  • Lane: WP Ringo, WP/CP SAW, CP Skye
  • Jungle: WP Glaive or WP Joule, CP Ringo or CP Vox or CP Skye, WP/CP Taka or CP Koshka
  • Support: Aftershock Catherine, Breaking Point Ardan
Which hero I choose is fully dependent on what heroes my teammates are playing.
If you ever see me in casual, just note I am just having fun, and will likely make unusual hero choices.

Equ1

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved