Vainglory Forums

From Gold to Bronze

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by my name is irrelevant » June 11, 2015 12:34am | Report
Hello! I am extremely confused with the leveling/rating/tier system. After my most recent game (I won), I went from gold "pretty good" to bronze "The hotness". I only just recently got started on this game (90 wins atm) and was only gold for about 10 games before I got sent to Bronze.

What is going on? Is Bronze"The hotness" supposed to surpass Gold "Pretty good"? Do I have to go through "The hotness" bronze and "The hotness" Silver to get back to Gold? The reason for my concern is that bronze sounds negative. I play league of legends and bronze feels like the LAST thing I want to be.

For some referrence I started in "Decent" Silver -- "Pretty Good" Silver -- "Pretty Good" Gold -- CURRENT: "The Hotness" Bronze. I have crushed many of my games and to my knowledge, I have been on pretty extensive win streaks. I don't know if K/D/A has anything to do with my rating but I would have thought after 100 wins I would stop having to play with players still take out mines before late game.

Thank you very much
- irrelevant not-creative nickname
I just play Ringo. A lot of Ringo.

my name is irrelevant
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » June 11, 2015 6:15am | Report
Hotness is above Pretty Good. Within each skill tier there is Bronze, Silver, Gold, so you did go up correctly. When you get to Hotness Gold, the next tier after that will be Simply Amazing Bronze, and so on.

As for people doing stupid things even at Hotness level... welcome to Vainglory and it's infamously lousy matchmaking algorithms.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by my name is irrelevant » June 11, 2015 9:26am | Report
Interesting. Could you explain how the leveling system applies to VainGlory? I'm only level 8 but it feels like pointless experience. I heard something about Ranked games but I only see "public match" on my main screen.

Thanks man. I am horribly sick of people taking terrible laners and somehow dying in lane. I am going to cry if I see another skaarf or Adiago.
I just play Ringo. A lot of Ringo.

my name is irrelevant
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » June 12, 2015 9:16am | Report
VG has two kinds of "levels". There's your skill tier and your Karma. The skill tiers roughly go like:

Getting There
Not Bad
Decent-ish
Pretty Good
The Hotness
Simply Amazing
Pinnacle of Awesome
Vainglorious

I might have gotten one or two of them in there flipped around, but you get the idea. Within each of these tiers there are three "sub" tiers, which is Bronze, Silver, and Gold. You have to progress through these three sub-tiers, in that order, to get to the next skill tier.

Karma is simply a measure of how much you've played, and is a sort of a multiplier applied to the glory you get from each game. It does not indicate skill level, or at least there's no strong correlation.

In v1.5 they released a third skill bar, of sorts, which also goes from 0 to 20, and whose exact nature has yet to be divined other than the understanding that SEMC wishes to emphasize that a player's experience in the game may not be related to their skill level. We'll have to wait and see for that one.

Public Match is a ranked game, in the sense that the result of the game affects your rank a.k.a your skill tier. There's talk that in future updates a "casual" play mode will be released in which everything stays the same, except that the outcome of the game does not influence your skill tier. Again, we'll have to wait and see.

As for people doing stupid things in lane, it's really just a consequence of bad matchmaking. Hero choice wise, I think Skaarf is currently ok-ish after the nerf, but I also recall there are plenty of debates over on the main VG forums about how Adagio could do with some help stats wise. That said, if the player is skillful and knows not to overextend, they can still yield good results.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved