Vainglory Forums

Go Back To Ranked Play Only...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by DArKThEoRy » August 24, 2015 8:17am | Report
It seems like the matching is a bit out of whack since they've created separate queues for Ranked and Casual play. Maybe it's just me though.

My theory is that Ranked play is mainly higher tier players so if you're in a lower tier you may get matched up against higher tier players more often making it much harder to advance and here's potentially why:

1. Most lower ranked players are sticking to Casual play and staying out of the Ranked queue.

2. Higher ranked players are more likely to be in a party and well-coordinated.

3. The system doesn't want you to wait in the Ranked queue for 5 other players in your skill tier so you end up playing against others with much more skill or coordinated teams making it harder to advance.

I am probably wrong of course, but I can see the potential for this to occur.

Before the split between Casual and Ranked queues, I switched back and forth between the Decentish and Pretty Good tiers for months. I tried Ranked play after the 1.7 patch and went on an ugly 10 game losing streak and now I'm stuck at Getting There. Win one, lose two, win one, lose three, etc.

I'd rather not even attempt Ranked play anymore since we just get spanked by the opposing team and there's no way they could be in the Getting There tier. Not when they're winning matches before the 15 minute mark.

Anyway, at least when there was only the option for Ranked play you were matched up better with those on your own skill level or slightly higher or lower.

I'm never going to play enough to make it to the Hotness or higher, but it's not much fun to play at all if I'm still being matched against those who are on that level or higher.

Just a theory...

DArKThEoRy
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 24, 2015 9:45am | Report
Ranked is indeed broken. I am tier six and I am frequently matched with tier 4; I either lose horribly or win with little effort and rofl stomp. They seriously need to fix it; however, I am afraid that it will make ranked queues egregiously long.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » August 25, 2015 6:04pm | Report
Before the last update I made it up to PG silver. After the update...I am on my way down to getting there...can't seem to win a match...I hate to give up ranked matches, but it's no fun getting stomped on again and again...I now play casual and when I think my ego can take another stomping I give ranked a try...only to find out nothing has changed but my decrease in rank...*sigh....

Kismutt
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 26, 2015 4:22am | Report
Rip... Shoulda played op heroes like krul and Taka for Freelo!
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved