Vainglory Forums

Help with VainGlory Language

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Faiben » February 23, 2015 5:32am | Report
I am fairly new to the game and have tried to focus in on honing which heroes I am good with and being a decent team player. However, there are just a few things I still am out of the loop about. Please reply if you are sincere and want to help me.

1. For the love of God...what does AFK stand for? I keep reading about it and I can gather that this is a bad thing. I just wish I knew if I am doing it.

2. How is the skill tier calculated? I dont thik I fully understand.

Please help!
"Now that I've got your attention....."

IGN: Faiben
Region: NA
Main: Saw and Krul
Also good with: Koshka
Skill tier- Not Bad
Karma level: 16

Faiben
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » February 23, 2015 6:47am | Report
the skill tier is based on your kill/death/assist ratio and weighted based on the opponent if you are still confused on this i can explain it in more detail
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Longcock » February 23, 2015 2:50pm | Report
The term "AFK" means "away from keyboard". This game isn't keyboard orientated how ever it jst mean someone left the app and abandoned the match. So if you are putting your device down and walking away, or answering a call or doing anything outside of the VAINGLORY app you will be seen as an afker, this is because your character in game will not be helping, moving, or contributing in anyway. if you do not then you don't have to worry about being "Afk" on people.

aS for skill tier, it doesn't have anything to do with kill/death ratio as above comment says. It is based on winning or losing the match and the skill level of your opponents. If you win a match you are rewarded based on the opponents you have beat. The higher the ELO level of your opponent that you beats, the higher reward you get towards your skilll tier, and the lower your opponent has the lower you win for the victory. Same as losing, if a team of lower level people win you will take a bigger loss than if you lose to a team of higher skilled people.

Hope it helped, can be tricky to explain especially on an iPhone where it is time consuming and difficult to position the screen while typing long comments. But all in all if you just keep winniing matches and improving your game play you wil climb the ranks before you know it

Longcock
Quote | PM | +Rep by Longcock » February 23, 2015 2:58pm | Report
Also I say kill death assist ratio doesn't matter because I can suicide with warhorn and armor and destroy enemy turrets pushing the crystal dying every time I destroy turrets and not killing any enemy. And if I were to win the match like this I would have no kill, many deaths, and no assists. How ever we would win the match. and my skill tier goes up by matches won. Not for the kills i get.

i have played matches where we were smashed all game in fights and team fights, but we were able to kill them one time late game and get the krakken and push all turrets and finally crystal, having 2-10 for k/d and stil win.

Longcock
Quote | PM | +Rep by Faiben » February 26, 2015 12:42pm | Report
Thanks for the responses!! This helps tremendously. I am glad to hear I am not an AFKer! LOL
"Now that I've got your attention....."

IGN: Faiben
Region: NA
Main: Saw and Krul
Also good with: Koshka
Skill tier- Not Bad
Karma level: 16

Faiben
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » February 26, 2015 1:29pm | Report
Be sure to read read read...lots of strategies to learn. Ask questions, for god's sake. Don't be embarrassed to ask questions about anything. Worst case scenario, someone answers your questions and you now know the answer - you're that much better. Good luck with your honing, and remember, teamwork > everything.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved