Vainglory Forums

Helping the lane

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » January 26, 2016 3:10pm | Report
So at what point do you, as the jungle or support person, come up and stay in the lane to assist? I have been playing Ringo recently, and while I'm not the best I can do okay. I only have problems when facing a good Saw or Kestral. In those fights I ping the green ping when I am being overwhelmed. In these instances I'm pushed back against my turret and can't get any last hits due to the minions and turrets getting them first. Most of the time the jungler and the support come up, clear the minions scare the enemy away from the turret, then they go back to the jungle. Then I'm back to square one, try to,get last hits, get pushed back to turrets, etc. why won't the support just stay up in the lane? By them staying up there it allows me to get last hits as they harass the enemy in the lane. It also limits the amount of ganks by the enemy.
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Chrizzz » January 26, 2016 3:38pm | Report
As a support main, I have to say Support SHOULD mostly support the Jungler IMO. The jungler need meatshield for the minions early game,and we have to prevent the enemy from Invading. And as SKYE i have no problem with Kestrel or SAW, just stay back, reposition as much as you can (to avoid glimmershot, and SAW's 2nd skill) and farm.

Chrizzz
Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » January 26, 2016 3:54pm | Report
As for jungle, I wait until one of the opposing team is around half life and I jump in and take them by surprise from the bushes. That's just my style and fits fine with the heroes i use most often and probably isn't the proper way to assist.

SkyPirateShini
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by shagalicious » January 26, 2016 11:31pm | Report
Dadders, a support is known as a roam, so goes where needed, so in your case, the roam was just too slow to get there in time, so enemy had already pushed to the turret before he arrived, thus costing you gold.

Or if anything, try putting a ping before you feel overwhelmed, if you have a feeling that they're gonna start pushing, that gives the roam time to arrive

shagalicious
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 28, 2016 12:24pm | Report
Try learning how to slow farm. Slow farm is where you constantly stay safe and only use basic attacks when its a guaranteed last hit, don't use your abilities on the minions either. This will make it so the minions will be near ur turret constantly making your enemy lane overextend to farm leading your jungler and support to be able to gank whenever or how ever they chose.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » January 29, 2016 2:11pm | Report
There is no such thing as supports stay in lane especially when the jungle is much larger than lane. I would advise with each rotation but it depends on strategy. I will list a few qualities a laner must possess since this week the topic for my guild is about laners.

LANER - QUALITIES REQUIRED

As a laner you must have the following qualities to be successful;

1. MAP AWARENESS - Constantly watch map and keep track of last sighting of ALLIES and ENEMIES. B able to predict what may happen. If you notice Allies went to shop in jungle and ENEMIES are approaching jungle shop then its best to warn them and rotate down. Remember you PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY IS FARMING. You must be able to control the flow of minion waves to be able to alternate between lane and jungle.

2. FARMING - Last hitting minions are important especially for a laner because your normally dealing heavy amounts of damage to enemy's heroes so your items are expensive. Learn in the ACADEMY and practice last hitting minions.

3. CONTROLLING THE LANE - Controlling the lane offers positive and advantageous rewards for yourself and as it relates to positioning and rotation. While in lane, you are susceptible to enemy ganks and kills because of the absence of an ally and teammate. You can also set up ganks and communicate to have someone drop a few mines to ward the enemies side as well as yours for vision and also have them check bushes on enemies side to make sure its safe.

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING YOURSELF SAFE IN LANE. Because you are farming and acquiring more gold than your allies. It is best to have a few flares and scout traps in inventory to control vision.

There are other situational plays while in lane such as stalling minions to keep them on your side forcing the enemy laner to overextend, Hard pushing minion waves to keep enemy pressured and immobile while being able to have the option to rotate in jungle to help where needed such as an invade, forcing the jungler and support enemies to divide and split up because your pressuring the laner and either you have killed them or they are extremely low on health and some more which we will take a look at when talking about strategies.

4. POSITIONING AND ROTATION - Being there at the right place right time can yield successful results because of the positioning making it a favorable outcome for your team. Understanding that without the other 3 mentioned above you will not be able to achieve this successfully because you will not be able to apply it as it works in tandem with all mentioned above. Rotation is important because your part of the team and the team should work together. MOBILITY is key in rotation because of the easy and fluid motion back and forth using LESS TIME.
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » January 29, 2016 2:13pm | Report
LANER OBJECTIVES

1. PROTECTING your turrets from the onslaught of enemy's attacks. Fortifying defenses for you base means that to get to the Vain Crystals then your turrets must be destroyed. Think of the turrets as extra allies who aid you in battle. Each ally killed creates an opportunity for the enemy to destroy YOUR VAIN CRYSTAL.

2. DESTROYING Enemy's turrets to create pressure for their team pushing them closer to their base.

3. COUNTER BUILDING - It is best to counter build your enemy's laner as it relates and translates to damage and defense. The reason for this is because THE LANER DEALS THE MOST DAMAGE because they are usually the ATTACK DAMAGE CARRY. Being able to efficiently counter is useful because especially in team fights your team will be in a more favorable position for the win.
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » January 29, 2016 2:17pm | Report
Now keep in mind I am not saying that I am correct. My perception is based off my experience and I am a very analytical thinker who likes to challenge and create something new. I have played all positions but because SUPPORT is the hardest position, I feel at home with support. I understand they will be criticism because some do not like change. Time to adapt everyone and stop being predictable. New Year bigger dreams.

See you in the fold.

EXXCLUSIVE
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved