Vainglory Forums

Hero category and strategy

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » March 21, 2015 8:20pm | Report
So below are all 13 heros in very rough categories of mine(not necessarily in numeral order)
a rough fact:
Ranged: 1.petal, 2.saw, 3.ringo, 4.adagio,5.celest,6.scaarf,
Melee: 1.glaive, 2.Ardan, 3.krul, 4.koshka, 5.taka, 6.Catherine,7.joule,
Heros that are:
a)Tank: 1.ardan,2.krul,3.Catherine,
b)Semi-tank: 1.joule, 2.glaive, 3. Saw(with health steal equipment)
c)easy to die but with escape ability: 1.taka,2.koshka
d)easy to die: 1.Ringo, 2.Celeste,3.scaarf
Heros that have:
e)High burst AOE ultimate ability: 1.joule, 2.petal,3.scaarf 4.saw(saw is in this category because of his extreme damage output after spin up, with or without his ultimate depending on weapon or crystal build)
f)Large AOE with stun: 1.adagio
g)Small AOE with stun:1. Celeste,2. Joule
h)Single stun: 1. Koshka,2.krul,
i)Single ranged slow: 1.ringo,2,petal(with equipment),
Heros that have Emergincy high burst AOE ultimate:
j)fast and not easily interrupted: 1.petal, 2.joule
k)slow and can be interrupted: 1.adagio,2. scaarf
Strategy:
Heros that are:
l) best at initiating team gank: a)tank
m) worst at initiating team gank: d) easy to die
n) best during team gank: e)high burst AOE ultimate, f)large AOE with stun,
o) second best during team gank: c) easy to die but with escape ability
p) good during team gank: d) easy to die
Enemy Heros that need to be:
q)targeted to attack first: d) easy to die
r)readily targeted to interrupt with stun:k) slow and can be interrupted
s)targeted to both stun first and attack first at same time: c) easy to die but with escape ability
t)offset with reflex block: j) fast and not easily interrupted.
Team constituent
Although a team don't necessarily need: a)tank,
a team should avoid being constituted only of: c)easy to die but with escape ability, d) easy to die

Best constituent in my opinion is: l)+n)+o) or a)tank,+c)hero with escape ability, +e,f)high burst AOE (among which, the tank needs to build some damage output as well)
after-thought
however,in order to deploy the strategy I wrote above, or any other strategy out there,i think they require all three players in team to have a common strategical awareness,which is impossible if players can't communicate with each other well. But thank god we can communicate here in this forum and understand, but not everyone come here; among those who come here, not everyone listen to guideline; among everyone who listen to guideline, not everyone perform it in actual game.
However, instead of puting up with each other, which always cause conflict and confusion,not mention darkness and devil, if there is a general protocol or strategical guideline which everyone understand and follow, like our real world, where we do follow our beliefs and knowledge,the game will be more technically worthy as a strategical game, instead of being a lottery of good player and bad player, which is not valuable as strategical game, but as gambling game, where everyone get frustrated in a loop where we all hang ourselves in turn with. new players, old players, good players, bad players, there will be no more players in the end.
However, nobody wins more than they lose from gambling in long run, nor do players who play solo queue in long run.
Even with good players, misunderstanding can be frustrating.

Where is the best strategical guideline? Which those who followed, would be invincible in this game?
While everyone wanders away from a good guideline, chaos and confusion will take over. Thank god we have good modern language that we can Communicate and good community to understand each other,or do we? Now this game is a test, of how much we human being understand or put up with each other with a set of ping buttons, where we can't express anything not even our frustration but keep pinging "crying face" or " question mark" symbol in game or not pinging anything,knowing it's pointless and impossible for others to understand, with a suppressing agony that confines our individual thought and our thought hardly can be sought out and understood or expressed but through good modern language, til the end and get swallowed in chaos with ambiguity and darkness and unclarity and filth and corruption and decay. Bad interaction leads to bad consciousness, Or our good conscious is revealed through bad interaction? Not so. If there is no good conscious in the first place before bad interaction occurs we can not spot bad interaction and learn a good lesson from it.

:) thanks for not "pinging" or "throwing" at each other with unclear stuff in real life but speak a good good good language, with good good good conscience, in good good community, or do we?
Most people are good people here, are we? just like you, do we?
The frustrating element of interaction of this game, which concerns a large aspect of game, is a prototype of darkness and its past. This is a good game one of the reason is because it reveals something to us which we can learn as good lesson if we have the heart to care.(we are now advocating some improvement for this game for everyone right? Which is good because it is a step towards greatness) And this game has good art and mechanism and there are many good aspects of this game which I believe we all want to commend. The least thing you should care too much about is my comment, because I always speak inappropriately and maybe annoy someone. For I did not grow up in Europe or America, but I am uyghur blood traveled from west Asia to Africa, and went to school in usa for 3 year. I do feel the social needs to come here.
I do read some comment and have cordial feeling towards many of you who come here to express.
We are sharing our part of care and love here. Which is really lovely.

See you

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » March 23, 2015 6:52am | Report
Fedric wrote:

Heros that are:
a)Tank: 1.ardan,2.krul,3.Catherine,
b)Semi-tank: 1.joule, 2.glaive, 3. Saw(with health steal equipment)
c)easy to die but with escape ability: 1.taka,2.koshka
d)easy to die: 1.Ringo, 2.Celeste,3.scaarf

Krul is not a tank
Glaive is a tank
Joule is a tank
Ringo is an easy to die but with escape ability
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » March 23, 2015 5:25pm | Report
I see , you have got a point.
certainly Glaive can tank, and ringo can escape.
However,comparing to krul, I think krul may last longer than glaive.
Well, maybe it largely depends on what gears are used on him. I use warhorn,shoes,aftershock,attack speed, ageis, and physical armor, it works really well. :)
I found ringo is the easiest to die hero especially when koshka or taka are pursuers, but not the other way around.
another reason for ringo to have little chance to escape is that in team gank, very often, the tank doesn't do a perfect job initiating team gank,or exploring bush, but instead, letting damage dealer taking risk of taking initial damage from enemies. So most of the time, the time for escape is as little as 1 second where only taka and koshka may have a chance.

If there is a good tank, ringo can do pretty well in surviving while dealing lots of damage.

Again, it is about teamwork.

However, today I just met a joule player that doesn't want to tank for us. And my ringo kept dying. But Still, I got most kills. I'm in "pretty-good" tier because I always play solo queue and often encounter players that don't even select correct roles for the team resulting in either no tank or not enough damge dealing, or players don't buy the correct gear during the game for the hero they chose. Our team were saw, joule, and my ringo.The enemies were koshka, krul,saw. Guess what, the joule player didn't know his role: everytime when team gank happens, that joule player was the last one engaging, and first to escape...left me and saw to fight with a team where two Heros have stun.
Apart from tank/damage roles, I think lane/jungle roles also plays a part in gaining or losing strategical advantage.
So usually we need only one major laner, and other two can secure jungle while also come to lane to push.
The reason we had two laner is because that saw player selected Catherine first, then after I selected ringo, he switched to saw, I was like "wtf?"
I wish I could tell them, when selecting Heros, that we need to balance tank and damage dealer: lots of times, players choose 2 tank, or no tank at all. And I knew before the game starts that it is GG.
Also I wish I could tell them in the game, when they buy the wrong gears, to change to the correct ones, otherwise it is GG.
So I think the hero selection interface needs to provide clear communication, where we can know what Heros players are certainly going to choose in order for the team to work well.
Also,in-game chat might be necessary in communicating some basic sense that many players in "solo queue tier" don't have.

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Skeletor » March 23, 2015 5:56pm | Report
Glaive and Krul can totally tank and Joule's heroic perk is basically a tank buff it all depends on the build...
IGN: Skeletor
Region NA
Preferred: Ardan
Also like: Krul, Glaive, Adagio
Wins: 165 and counting
Teir: The Hotness

Skeletor
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » March 24, 2015 7:24am | Report
if you play Ringo good ganking is not an issue as long as you dont cross mid on your own your good if you do stay high if enemy appears just twirl your silver no one can catch you unless they use their boots then you just use your boots and Koshka can chase him but shes a squishy and easy to kite with Ringo and Taka is worse at chasing than Koshka but he can again kite him its very easy

and no Krul cant last long in team fights if hes the tank 1v1 hes a terror but put more targets on him hes mince meat
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved