Vainglory Forums

How do you deal with aggressive junglers?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by farafar011 » December 13, 2014 10:46pm | Report
During the very beginning of the match, the enemy teams junglers move straight to the jungle creeps on my side of the jungle (the ones near the gold mine/item shop) and at this stage i'm usually too weak to take on and win a 2vs2 fight. I end up losing a lot of form or dying. How do the pros counter this?

farafar011
Quote | PM | +Rep by bornelius » December 13, 2014 11:15pm | Report
Hmm...just an amateur/ intermediate player saying this, but I think maybe ping both laners (if you want them out quick) to the jungle? Pick on the squishy one first, get a few scout traps and finish the other. While they cool down you should be able to invade their jungle for a while. And If they come back to bully you then call for help again (you should be a higher lvl now). It's important to feed a jungler in my pov. That can really turn the tide of a match late game, even if it's st the expense of one or two turrets.
IGN~ bornelius (no caps)
Main: Taka, Koshka, Adagio
Score of 0-10482648/ I will cry if you make me play: Glaive, Catherine, SAW

I'm cool with the other heroes :p

bornelius
Quote | PM | +Rep by Deltavortex » December 14, 2014 1:00am | Report
I agree except for the loss of turrets, they are very important early game.

As a jungler who uses this tactic often (sorry bout that xD) there isnt exactly a formula to counter that. What it comes down to is what character you are using and who are your opponents.

If we are talking about your scenario then you have a few choices.
1. Either early game try and sneak past and do the same thing to their jungle
(preferably if its only one opponent who has moved into your half of the map)

2. If go after the minion, the reason for this is that at this stage in the game you don't want to be severely out farmed. Have a potion with you and first wait in the brush for the opponent to damage the creep and sustain some damage. Then come in and hit him, this is usually enough to push the out of your half of the jungle but if it isn't go for the creep for the reason stated earlier.

3. Another easy way to push them out is to KNOW WHERE THEY ARE aka use a flare. While this doesn't really do much it tells your teammates that they might want to push back for a first blood (situational) or just push out an opponent who will then have lost a precious first minute getting nothing instead of any actual farm. Also it might dissuade the other team from crossing the jungle.

4. You could use the mine technique of just placing mine randomly in the hopes of catching one of them butttttttt lets be honest they would have to be pretty committed to go after you that early in the game

There are probably a few other ways you could go about it but most of the are SITUATIONAL.
Mostly just push without going overboard and getting killed xD

The biggest heroes to beware of in my opinion when they cross the jungle early are:
Krul, Catherine, and Glaive (in that order)
but if there is more than one of them anyway either just let it go and follow bornelius' advice (except for the loss of turret part)
IGN: Deltavortex
Region: North America
Main: Taka,Glaive
Karma Level: 13
Current wins: 100+

Deltavortex
Quote | PM | +Rep by bornelius » December 14, 2014 3:30am | Report
Cool idea with the flares, Deltavortex. I don't usually get them early game (scouts are enough as gold drains) but I might try that some time. ;p
I think the nitty gritty of the game goes to kraken time though. Ace is the ticket and assassinating all three enemies is equal to loss of the same number of turrets. Just an opinion; I thought I'd elaborate on what I meant (discussing strategies is very fun xD)

Also if there's an enemy Taka you might want to place scout traps in the bushes near the shop. Taka is extremely squishy early game and basically useless if not fed (though pro players will probably disagree xD this is just a tip from my experience)
IGN~ bornelius (no caps)
Main: Taka, Koshka, Adagio
Score of 0-10482648/ I will cry if you make me play: Glaive, Catherine, SAW

I'm cool with the other heroes :p

bornelius
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » December 14, 2014 7:30am | Report
As a Petal, it's actually not a bad idea to call down a laner. But if they come or not that's debatable, sometimes they'll want to continue farming in the lane since most laners are squishy at the start. I myself will come to help when I'm level 2 and have my munions.

And hopefully there is only one laner, it's better to have two junglers with one laner, since the lane can only feed one player at a time at the start.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Setrino » December 15, 2014 12:57pm | Report
Going solo is quiet dangerous and you should 99% sure the 2 players from lane won't come down quickly to get you.

The best is to go in pair (trio is a waste of time) and try to her*** them. So a build of Ironguard Contract, 2 bottles of Halcyon Potion and a Scout Trap for both of you does the trick. Now talking whats easy and whats not.

Catherine, Krul (2nd skill Catherine, 1st skill Krul)
vs
Tara, Koshka (well those guys get the 2nd skill both usually)

If you have melee and ranged on the other team (Glaive,Koshka,Krul) and ranged (Ringo, Petal), Krul and Catherine will have huge problems.

I always strongly suggest on bringing the war to their side of the jungle from the beginning. :)
Live & Play

Setrino

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved