Vainglory Forums

How does matchmaking work?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » February 17, 2015 1:44pm | Report
I am lvl 16 karma, Simply amazing tier with 170 wins.
Before today I was matched more or less ok with players who know what they are doing.

Today something changed:
Today I got 2 dcs and 2 times I got karma stuff in case of deserting match (though I am still lvl 16 karma and it doesn't look too bad)
Finding a match now takes 5:00 minutes approx. time for me and I keep getting total idiots. Like people who doesn't buy items, who roam inside their base during time, who are just moving forward under enemy tower with auto-attack on enemy on level 1 Krul in LANE.

Were there some changed to matchmaking system or is it because of karma? How can I get back to old matchmaking for me?

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Horus_TheDragon » February 17, 2015 4:19pm | Report
I think karma has nothing to do with the matchmaking, its your skill tier which place you with other players.
I am on a D/C players streak to be honest myself and its very annoying. I guess they have to do something about these guys, maybe ban them from the game for 12-24 hours, if continued then permenanet ban.
IG: Horus_TheDragon
Region: NA
Main: Saw, Krul, Ardan
Practicing: Taka, Glaive, Koshka
Skill Tier: Not Bad
Wins: 560

Death is upon you..

Horus_TheDragon
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hydraxis_Ph1r3 » February 17, 2015 5:29pm | Report
Just keep playing my friend you'll eventually get off the afk queue just as long as you don't leave or disconnected from other matches. Think of it as a time out from super evil, cuz sometimes it's not your fault (lol) . My bet on karma is that you'll get paired up with more experienced players such as yourself, though if you get the afk queue you are put into a pile of players who either dced or just plain deserted. Cheers and GL!
Server:NA
IG:Hydraxis
Main: Haven't decided
Good With: Ringo, SAW, and Krul
Tier: Decent-ish/Pretty Good

Hydraxis_Ph1r3
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by InTheAir » February 17, 2015 6:02pm | Report
First of all, I would recommend watching this video featured by VG all about Karma; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxVaDtwo6gg Now if you're too lazy to watch the video I'll be explaining it right here in my own words. First, Karma is NOT a skill ranking. Behind-The-Scenes elo is actually the ranker. What Karma does is basically prevent you and other players ruining each other by becoming AFK. You will always earn Karma as long as you finish your matches without leaving. When you leave matches constantly you lose Karma. Low-Karma players join Low-Karma players, and vice versa. As an added bonus to earn Karma, you get Glory boosts the higher your Karma level is. I don't remember these boosts exactly, but what I do know is that they can get pretty ridiculous. So that's Karma Explained! As a solidifying point, you will always earn Karma even if you surrender as long as you didn't leave the match. Hope this was useful!

InTheAir
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » February 18, 2015 1:56am | Report
I understand that there is elo based matching, that's why I mentioned my tier also.
I was wondering if there is "hidden" karma elo or trigger, because statement in game is "higher karma players are matched with higher karma players and vice versa". After I dc'ed twice I don't see that I became "low karma player" - I was level 16 karma before and after, and after games with some ridiculous players I got even more karma than I've ever had.

My guess is that as long as you are not marked as "leaver/deserter" you are matched with your skill level players based on tier.
BUT as soon as you left 1-2 games you are marked as "afker" and your tier is not involved in play anymore - you are just matched with other "afkers". And visually during this time there are no changes to karma.

Also I think at 2:00 CET which is daily reset time for EU servers afk mark was removed from me and I got back to matching with same people as before. And approx queue is again 1:00-1:20 instead of 5:00 for me.

Can somebody from vain glory team confirm if I am right?

nporaMep
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved