Vainglory Forums

How exactly does the matching system work?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 7, 2015 10:03pm | Report
I'm asking because I'm noticing a very weird trend the more I play. I find that I'm consistently stuck in win streaks, followed by losing streaks, followed by win streaks, rinse and repeat. I'd like to think that I'm a decent player and I play more-or-less consistently, but that's naturally a hard thing to ascertain or prove. However what I have noticed is that when I'm in a win streak (say maybe for 5-10 games in a row), the players I get paired with are all immensely capable and responsive. However when I'm on a losing streak, the players I get paired with are also absolutely disastrous (a Taka who managed to get 0/8/3, CP Ringo who managed to stay in the jungle the entire time... the list goes on). In addition I could be winning all the way, and out of nowhere a losing streak just appears. I know the official statement that the matching system attempts to match players with equal win/lose rates, but my observations above don't seem to match that.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jawad » May 8, 2015 11:58am | Report
The same issue. went from SA gold to the hotness bronze in one day. The system kept matching me with low skilled and trolls game after game:/ And when I went to SA gold, it was matching me with good players in a row

jawad
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 8, 2015 8:26pm | Report
See what would really, really, help, is if they showed player IGNs and their skill levels, win/loss history, that kind of thing, when the Accept/Decline screen is shown. That allows me to make a conscious decision on whether or not to accept the proposed matching. If I decline, no biggie because no one actually wasted any time, and if I do accept and stuff goes south, it's now partly my fault because I agreed to the matching with advance knowledge (in some way) of the team's skill level.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved