Vainglory Forums

How to beat a team of tanks?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by CvmDumpster » January 1, 2016 8:52pm | Report
I recently played a match against Catherine, Ardan, and Skye. It was a damn good match, both my team and theirs played really well. The only thing that I couldn't figure out was how to take down their team. We'd literally be spamming each other for minutes on end without getting kills. Any advise on how to kill enemy tanks with multiple defensive and lifesteal items? They weren't super strong which made it easy to stay alive, I just couldn't find a way to take their health down without them regenerating.

My team consisted of Ardan, Taka, and Kestrel(Myslef)
I was running a crystal build that normally takes down enemies pretty easily.

BTW my teammate that was playing Ardan crushed it. Best team player I've ever encountered.

CvmDumpster
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 1, 2016 9:23pm | Report
Get a aftershock then. It will proc with halcyon arrows everytime making it really over powered and it should be nerfed actually on kestrel but the point is get it. Because aftershock burns down high enemy health.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » January 2, 2016 2:50pm | Report
Plus try getting a Broken Myth it will amplify your damage so it would benefit you more than a Shatterglass. And since the enemy team isn't dealing a lot of damage, there shouldn't be much trouble stacking it.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » January 3, 2016 8:38pm | Report
Breaking point should be your go to item if the fights are very long. It may not blend well with your build, but if you can get 10 seconds on your breaking point, you'll be doing some pretty good damage. If you see a tanky team, try to build WP with a breaking point from the start of the game.

Aftershock is decent, but it won't be the game changer; same for broken myth. Maybe an eye of harvest, shatter glass, broken myth, & aftershock combo would work well, but that'd take some time. Also, building a decent defense in return (aegis & fountain would help in this scenario) would come in handy.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » January 4, 2016 5:48pm | Report
Here is what I usually build for Kestrel:

Aftershock(Extremely bursty with the arrows)

Shatterglass

Boots

Broken Myth

Eve of Harvest

Frostburn

I never really build Eve of Harvest and Frostburn because I like having defensive items more but see if it works out

And you should try the Breaking Point Bootylicious mentioned. I never really thought of it that way, and it makes sense because

1) You can stack it easily
2) Lots of damage from stacks
3) Your arrows benefit from weapon power
4) Makes it harder for enemy team to counter you
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PolaDaBear » January 7, 2016 1:17pm | Report
CvmDumpster wrote:

I recently played a match against Catherine, Ardan, and Skye. It was a damn good match, both my team and theirs played really well. The only thing that I couldn't figure out was how to take down their team. We'd literally be spamming each other for minutes on end without getting kills. Any advise on how to kill enemy tanks with multiple defensive and lifesteal items? They weren't super strong which made it easy to stay alive, I just couldn't find a way to take their health down without them regenerating.

My team consisted of Ardan, Taka, and Kestrel(Myslef)
I was running a crystal build that normally takes down enemies pretty easily.

BTW my teammate that was playing Ardan crushed it. Best team player I've ever encountered.

Were you YOlO-queing in Pretty Good/Hotness range? I encountered an Ardan who was also THE best team player/roamer I've ever played with. I friended them afterwards only to tell them how phenomenal they played, especially encountering that in YOLO-que.

PolaDaBear
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved