Vainglory Forums

How to counter Atlas Pauldron with Krul?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by QTSt » July 21, 2015 12:10am | Report
So a big problem I've been running into quite a bit recently is that at higher tiers, especially against POA opponents, the enemy team always build Atlas Pauldron (I'll just say AP) and it renders Krul completely useless. I can normally rack up quite a few kills before they get it but once they do, it's game over for me :(

I've tried several things to counter this but none have worked to satisfaction. I've tried going tank, going bursty instead of attack speed, etc etc. To give you guys an idea just how bad it gets, the last game I played, I had +10 kills on a POA casual game and all 3 enemy players ended up getting AP :o Needless to say, I didn't get many kills after that.

So I was wondering if there are any pros here who can kindly offer some tips as to how to counter this? Ideally someone can chip in on some actual tested scenarios that have worked? No guesses or 'theories' please!

Thanks!

QTSt
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » July 21, 2015 8:54am | Report
Reflex Block, Crucible and Aegis will block the debuff effects of Atlas Pauldron. However, the shield needs to be up in order to work, which can rely a little on luck. Try getting (2) Reflex Block's to extend the shield time.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by QTSt » July 21, 2015 10:11am | Report
Thanks!

QTSt
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » July 21, 2015 1:13pm | Report
What build are you using?

I generally use a breaking point + defense item or 2 + aftershock build & it works around it. Aftershock provides upfront crystal damage, rendering AP useless, and if I can survive the fight for at least 5 seconds, breaking point gives me considerable damage. Breaking point plus defense items would be my go to option if I were you. If you consider it, the other team is giving up offense in return for defense, so they'll do less damage on you & you'll survive longer... With a few defensive items you should be able to make it through the 5 second hell that AP causes.

I can't say I'm a pro- I only go up against pinnacle players occasionally- but that's what I've noticed! Good luck with Krul!
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by QTSt » July 21, 2015 3:19pm | Report
Almost same as yours, except I start with 2x Salvo however I go for Aftershock later depending on situation that is, if enemy gets AP then I may ditch one of the Salvos.

Will make a few slight changes to my first post - I only encounter serious problems when a) entire enemy team focus solely on me in every gank b) if there is more than one player on enemy team who can stun i.e. glaive and joule or c) there's no one on my team who can stun, and finally d) my laner dishes out minimum damage.

The problem may be a bit more complicated than I previously thought... I think teamwork plays a major factor on success or failure as Krul. I seem to do very well (and we'll win) when both my support + laner are proactive in ganks, even if enemy has AP.

Appreciate the feedback guys, will have to keep working at it.

QTSt
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 000calc1 » July 21, 2015 9:24pm | Report
A silence from Catherine can prevent this long enough for you to get damage off. A perfectly timed Reflex Block could work. Otherwise, get in there, assassinate, get out, and then come back in a few seconds.

000calc1
Notable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved