Vainglory Forums

How to defend against Ringo as a Koshka player

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 19, 2015 4:25am | Report
Hi,

I have a question. As a frequent Koshka player, how can I build up a decent defense system against Ringo? It seems like that all WP Ringos can easily kill me as a Koshka player (Crystalpower). Even though with defensive items such as CRUCIBLE, ALTAS PAULDRON or COAT OF PLATES, and JOURNEY BOOTS, Ringo can still give me a lot of damage.

As I know, Ringo can become quiet dangerous as soon as he has upgraded his WP items. It's almost impossible (as KOHSKA) to counter attack him.

My builds are usually (defensive - in the end phase):
-Journey boots
-Crucible
-Atlas Pauldron or Coat of Plates

(Crystal power)
-Aftershock
-Frostburn
-Shatterglass
-optional: Clockwork or another Shatterglass

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » March 19, 2015 4:45am | Report
If the case is not enough defense against Ringo, I'd exchange a Shatterglass for an Atlas Pauldron for sure. You need extra defense against a fully buffed Ringo, and Atlas' active is also great to slow down his barrage.

Obviously, you can always go the way of the Tanshka: Crucible, Crucible, Atlas Pauldron, Boots, Aftershock and Eve of Harvest. This should prove enough to get in, hit & get out; you will definitely need assistance to finish Ringo as you lack enough burst to do it on your own but at least you won't get caught dead by the one-handed tornado.
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » March 19, 2015 7:07am | Report
Definitely Tanksha is the way to go. Make it a 2v1 situation where you can burst the Ringo down. Scout Traps work wonders on hard carries as well :)
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 19, 2015 10:02am | Report
Thanks! I'm going to try it out ASAP.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » March 19, 2015 10:10am | Report
Also remember to harrass from the early game. Jungle fast, jungle a lot, and peek at the lane now and then to catch an overextended Ringo with the aid of your laner.

The current meta for Tanksha is aiming for the Crucible as the first T3, btw. This would allow you to turret dive if needed (but never too greedy!). Second item: another defensive item such as Atlas Pauldron. And THEN go for the Aftershock, to enhance Koshka's damage during late-game up to relevant burst again (her natural damage is enough for the early game; that's why preventing her squishiness becomes the first priority).

Hope all this helps & you have some awesome gg's!

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 19, 2015 10:31am | Report
Update:

Wow. Works pretty well. Even WP Glaive had difficulties to strike me down. Thanks for the build advice!

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 25, 2015 2:17am | Report
Hi folks,

I have got a new question for you experts ;)

I have just finished a match vs. Catherine, Glaive and Saw.

My defensive builds against Catherine and Saw is fine so far.
But how do I build up my defensive items against Glaive? Glaive seems to be a pretty strong player from the beginning on and he barely needs any defensive items hence his character/health points are pretty high. It looks like that he is in general a very strong character, not only with a high dmg rate but also with a high defensive nature.

The combination of Catherine, Glaive and Saw is quiet the worst scenario for me as a Koshka player. Why? Simply because I can't barely use my skill ability CATNIP FRENZY on anyone because either Catherine stops my attacks/attempts with her STUN ability me or Glaive does so, while SAW finishes me off with his high fire rate and life steal.

Additional I have to say that my both teammates sucked (skilltier: The Hotness). My Saw teammate didn't even try to buy any lifesteal items while his defensive builds were insufficient aswell. Also the other teammate who was playing with Joule was doing the same (except the wrong crystal items and no defensive items).

So in order of my attempt to take over control of the situation (again), I started to build up Tanksha:
1 x Crucible
1 x Atlas of Paldron
1 x Journey Boots
1 x Fountain of Renewal (couldn't finish. We lost while I was on buying Lifespring)

1 x Aftershock
1 x Eve of harvest.

we lost about 23:14 as I remember. I had in total 9 kills, but couldn't handle the situation alone since my both teammates died too frequently and too easily. So how could I solo that match/with which item builds?

Thanks!

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » March 25, 2015 5:33am | Report
From the looks of it, you did what you could... The build is solid, and the Atlas surely helped you to slow down SAW and Glaive's rate of attack.

Unfortunately, there's not much else you could've done. No build nor hero could withstand a 3v1 on that magnitude, not even the mighty Tanksha.

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 3, 2015 8:48am | Report
Hey,

I have a new question.

Recently I have leveld up to SA and i keep losing. I am still playing with Koshka. But neither the Tanksha nor the Hybrid Koshla (Lifestealer Koshka) can lead me/us to victory.

The worst combination now for me is VOX + Ringo/Saw + Celeste.
Hence VOX is way toooooo strong for Koshka. Plus I have the feeling that the damage Koshka is making decreased since the last update. Is it just me, or did they really change something about Koshka's abilities?

MaximusP
Notable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved