Vainglory Forums

How to; New map symbols?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Splintermaster » March 4, 2015 9:11am | Report
I took some time off from playing daily. I am playing again and see new map symbols.

I don't see the "do no go" symbol or "Giant X" on the game screen". What symbol should I
use to signal "do not take minion mine"? This is very important to me, "a little help please".

P.S. If your are one of those players that takes minion mines just for the heck of it, or just
because you can. Let me explain it to you. If you deny me/us from properly farming the lane, will be forced to farm your jungle gold, and I won't feel bad about it because you screwed up the lane farming. That gold is coming from somewhere, don't make me take yours, I will.

Again, what is the right map symbol to use?

Also I am hearing a term called trolling, what does that mean? It almost sounds the same as
playing as a support carry, Like I can use my awesome pedal, or using a player as a carry? But
that can't be right. I have had problems with players before like many of you. I don't mind poor game play so much, but some of this stuff is just ridiculous.

Splintermaster
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » March 4, 2015 11:25am | Report
The devs felt the red X for AVOID had too much of a negative connotation. They've changed it to a yellow CAUTION. Should give the same sound, it will just look different.

Trolls, or trolling, just means people who purposfully throw a game. Sometimes it's hard to tell if they are trolling or just bad players, but if someone continually runs at the turrets and dies, or buys 5 Ironguard Contracts then there's probably a good chance they're trolling.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Splintermaster » March 5, 2015 8:30am | Report
Thaks wolf_hands, that will help. I was not sure about that caution symbol becous it appears when the miners come up. I hope others will knowwhat I am saying/symboling. Situational taking of those mines is awsesome. Even if we make a bad call at least some one is paying attention.

It is nice to have a name for that trolling, I was matched with a SAW team mate that almost tricked me into trying to find what the heck he was looking forat our base. Even shooting him with Joulie to get his attention wouldn't get him in the game.

I have been checking for you on twitch. I like watching you better than most . I especially like your channel becouse even if you are not onlineyou still have links to other people who might be playing. That is how I descovered LadyWabeesh. She is GREAT player but seems a lot going
on with her site tha I don't personally need.

When can I find you playing or is it random ?

Both you wolf_hands and LadyWabeesh chanels are easy enough to find, but impossible to find over Xbox twitch app.
No search results found. ??

Splintermaster
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » March 5, 2015 10:25am | Report
Well thank you! :)) I like to keep things simple and focused on the game.

I'll actually be on later tonight (3/5/2015) from about 6-7:30pm. Have to pack for a trip tonight as well or it'd be longer. Follow me on twitter to keep up with my times before I go live (I'm a bit sporadic in my streaming times because my real-life schedule). If you follow me on twitch, you should either get a notification via email or your phone if you have the iOS twitch app.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved