Vainglory Forums

How to play Vox

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » April 11, 2015 3:27pm | Report
I am having trouble playing Vox. It doesn't matter which build I use (weapon, crystal, or Hybrid) I can't seem to have the survivability or provide the damage output that I experience on the receiving end. I play Celeste pretty well and have tons of difficulty locking down and neutralizing Vox because he hops around the area so fast. When I play as Vox, I can't survive and constantly die or travel back to respawn to heal.
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » April 11, 2015 9:46pm | Report
I actually have the same problem with Vox. I ringo pretty great but I can't seem to do well as Vox. Possibly because I'm going for sorrowblade first as him... But still. Even on my crystal Vox I did bad. Seems weird, because I get the hang of other character way quicker. But anyways, I feel your pain, kind of wasted 8k glory on him when I should've gotten ardan :'(
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Denni » April 11, 2015 11:38pm | Report
First of all, of SEMC released a hero that was similar to other hero's, this easy to pick up, then the game would be boring. The point is that there many heroes with different play styles.

And secondly, I'm tired of people saying they wasted their glory on the new hero, Skaarf. Celeste. Vox. Just stop. If you bought the hero and you can't play it. Keep practising, find builds on VGF and experiment. Every hero is balanced and spending your glory elsewhere would be the same, so it's not a 'waste'.

Denni
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShanSMT » April 12, 2015 12:11am | Report
Denni lol i cant say i disagree to that
IGN: GodlyAssault
Region: South East Asia
Main Hero: Catherine/Koshka/Adagio
Skill Tier: Decent-ish
Karma Level: 3
Wins: 10

ShanSMT
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » April 12, 2015 7:46pm | Report
Denni wrote:

First of all, of SEMC released a hero that was similar to other hero's, this easy to pick up, then the game would be boring. The point is that there many heroes with different play styles.

And secondly, I'm tired of people saying they wasted their glory on the new hero, Skaarf. Celeste. Vox. Just stop. If you bought the hero and you can't play it. Keep practising, find builds on VGF and experiment. Every hero is balanced and spending your glory elsewhere would be the same, so it's not a 'waste'.

Your first paragraph is common sense.
I didn't say it was a waste because he was a bad hero, I meant that he was a waste because I'm not very good with him. I'm at a relatively high skill tier & I really don't have the ability to continue using a character I can't get down within a half dozen games. There's nothing wrong with somebody regretting spending glory on a character they aren't good with. It was a damn big waste considering I could have bought ardan with that same glory, a character who I was able to get down very quickly.
Server- NA

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 14, 2015 3:44pm | Report
I am doing fine with VOX against almost all characaters, weapon and crystal build....EXCEPT against TAKA. How can I protext myself against takas powerful ambush? He seems to become incredibly strong. Even SAW and Ringo seems to have flaws against Taka.
Building Aegis? Or which defense item is usefull against taka?

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » April 14, 2015 5:07pm | Report
MaximusP wrote:

I am doing fine with VOX against almost all characaters, weapon and crystal build....EXCEPT against TAKA. How can I protext myself against takas powerful ambush? He seems to become incredibly strong. Even SAW and Ringo seems to have flaws against Taka.
Building Aegis? Or which defense item is usefull against taka?

1. Your second ability will detect a hiding taka even if he is in his invisibox ****. Use that ability frequently if you have a taka going after you a lot.
2. Taka does well against all squishy lane characters like you, especially in the mid game... However, he sucks late game. He's an easy kill once you throw on a defensive item & you have 3 offensive items. The longer the game, the worse he is. It's okay to play turtle & be on the defensive aagainst a taka because in the end, you'll come out on top.
3. Stay away from bushes where he could be lurking, always follow behind your allies, never fight out in front unless it's absolutely necessary, and plant scout traps frequently in corner spots of the brush to see if he's coming through there.
4. Aegis & crucible are your best bets since his auto attacks really are never that great. Activate your shield if you see a taka coming your way. One crucible=700 health which completely overrides the damage from takas powerful ultimate, so I'd recommend a crucible. Grab aegis instead if the other team has a heavy crystal damage dealer paired with taka.
Server- NA

Bootylicious
Notable (18)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved