Vainglory Forums

Hybrid builds

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Which do you think is better?
Hybrid build (Crystal + attack damage)
Attack damage only
Crystal only
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 31, 2015 11:02am | Report
Poll is self explanatory.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » September 8, 2015 12:46pm | Report
Crystal Power - Amplifies your abilities

Weapon Power - Amplifies your basic attack power

My Catherine has a special hybridized build and gets stronger as I get closer to completion. My fortress also is the same. Ringo and Glaive are pure Weapon Power with one or 2 surprises based on the enemies and their builds. Skye has not seen many battles and I posted a guide for extensive critique and honest feedback.

Which do I think is better is a matter of perception. I don't play my Catherine like a regular support does. I support by ganking, stun, silence and disrupt enemy's synergy. My build is fluid enough to have a solution under most circumstances. I keep saying it is Skill that counts and it truly is. Doest matter if 15 kills and you still lost because your hiding in brushes to capitalize on a weak ENEMY while someone bypassed your radar and destroyed your vain crystal. With the release of 1.8 it brought some significant changes especially with tactical gameplay taken KRAKEN, destroying turrets and taking the vain. Map awareness is not enough and a lot still by habit play the same as if the game just released. I play because of competition and meeting alot of good people who play to win.

For your thread when you say self explanatory and ask the question of "which is better" is a matter of your preference. As you noticed some items synergizes perfectly with some heroes abilities and other items. What are your thoughts on the question being asked by yourself?
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » September 10, 2015 4:20pm | Report
EXXCLUSIVE wrote:

My Catherine has a special hybridized build and gets stronger as I get closer to completion. My fortress also is the same. Ringo and Glaive are pure Weapon Power with one or 2 surprises based on the enemies and their builds. Skye has not seen many battles and I posted a guide for extensive critique and honest feedback.

Which do I think is better is a matter of perception. I don't play my Catherine like a regular support does. I support by ganking, stun, silence and disrupt enemy's synergy. My build is fluid enough to have a solution under most circumstances. I keep saying it is Skill that counts and it truly is.

I don't buy the specialized build thing for a support role. Supports items are more situational than the other roles. Your job is to help counter the enemy team's hero & item selection and cover your own team's weaknesses. Your description of your Catherine gameplay is the typical support Catherine because that is her built-in niche;disruption.

Anyways, Supports shouldn't really be taking any CP or WP except for maybe late game.
The other roles can be situational as well but more typical. Laners CP, Junglers WP.
As for the benefit of Hybrid, it really is hard to anticipate or estimate. The raw power is going to be inferior to a pure CP or WP but if 2/3 enemy team goes heavy on Defense well you might have no choice but to take up some CP even if the upgrade doesn't synergize as well with your other item purchases. Also if you Hybrid early it can be a real problem if the enemy hasn't built any Shield or Defense items.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheManTheMythTheLegend » September 11, 2015 4:29pm | Report
What type of question is this? Some heroes are more suited to crystal power, and others to weapon power. I really don't see where you're going with this poll...
IGN - KillerInstincts
Skill Tier - Simply Amazing Gold *Before Compression :(*
Main - Skaarf, Joule, Catherine
Alts - Glaive, Taka
"You can't get got; you gotta go get. If you get got you can't go get, but if you go get its hard to get got."

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » September 11, 2015 7:33pm | Report
Well halcius, exactly with a few added surprises. However I appreciate your comment but I think I understand my playstyle for catherine better than anyone. Her kit already comes with the tools to play her role. Then its up to the player as to what path must he or she takes for counter intuitive purposes......
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved