Vainglory Forums

I need advice on team fights

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Flankleft » August 27, 2015 5:42pm | Report
I am in tier 5, and I was in a private match with some SA+ players (just for fun). I went lane Ringo. When our support signaled me to come into jungle, because there was a incoming team fight, I immediately started coming down. But I wasn't able to make it in time, and by the time I finally got down, the entire enemy team was there and had already killed our jungler, and our support was very low. This happened a few times during the entire match, and we ended up losing badly. At the end of the match, my team kept saying "we could have won if our ringo came down and helped us."

So I guess my question is, how do I know when to come down to help my junglers? I always came down when my support signaled me too, but it was always too late.

Thanks for the help guys!

Flankleft
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » August 27, 2015 7:31pm | Report
There's no magic bullet for this question, but a general rule. If you see your team down in the jungle in the mini-map, and then the enemy team pops up on the min-map near them, immediately start heading down. If your team runs away, you've lost nothing but a couple seconds of lane farming. But if they need you, you've already started heading down before your team even has a chance to signal you. Often times, if you are on a good team, they will warn you away if they plan on running. But, as a general rule, watch the mini-map constantly and head down as soon as you see the enemy team pop up next to your own team.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheBenFNC » August 29, 2015 1:50pm | Report
Map awareness is a key part of Bainglory. You should be checking the mini-map every 8-10 seconds, at least. If you see your team near the shop, or looking to invade, you can rotate down to help them, unless their laner is still in lane with you, and your allies don't need help.
Also, if you and the enemy laner are both farming, then thy disappear you should ping ? on their side of the lane to alert your team that you don't know the enemy laner's whereabouts.
If they do disappear, and your team is either near the jungle shop, or already in a team fight, you should immediately rotate down, as it's very likely that the enemy laner is doing just that.
Making sure your support places scout traps is key. Having vision in the enemy jungle helps you to know whether or not you should rotate.
Check out Shin Kaigan's video on playing support to find out where Scout Traps should be placed for maximum effectiveness.
https://youtu(dot)be/ODtq7MalfvU

TheBenFNC
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » August 29, 2015 10:01pm | Report
Having those scout traps for vision really helps. You don't need eyes on the enemy the entire time.
The quick glimpse here and there of the enemy's indicator bubble on the minimap combined with your own field of vision, is enough to get a general idea of where they may or might not be.

General experience as well. Try playing as all 3 role types to get an idea of how their fields play.
Your team's jungle pair may be less ideal than the enemies, having a weaker early game and not as solid A&B abilities is an invitation to a enemy Krul+Fortress invasion from the get-go.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cheese Ausar » August 30, 2015 12:49am | Report
Always check the minimap and don't wait for your allies to ping you over.

p.s. your team was quite salty, you weren't really at fault
a no life VG player who doesn't yell "UNSKILLED PLAY" when he dies

a jack-of-all-trades, can play pretty much any hero, but not exceptional

REMEMBER, HE HAS NO LYFE

check out my cath guide: http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/caps-lock-catherine-incomplete-11533

Cheese Ausar
Remarkable (20)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 30, 2015 5:22am | Report
Ignore them. They ****ing suck and can die fifty times for all care. If they are too ******ed to engage a fight they can't win then they can suck my report button.(unskilled)
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » September 7, 2015 4:46pm | Report
The best laners are someone who has one foot in the lane and one in the jungle. As a laner you shouldn't be crossing that middle line and attacking the turret without your team. As soon as you step over you are in danger of getting gank'd. Its always best to push with you team then to push by yourself. Sticking together will ensure you kill atleast one enemy hero and then you can get miners or the turrets.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved