Vainglory Forums

I need some tips/help in playing Catherine

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 26, 2014 6:34pm | Report
Hi I'm sorta new I just started a few days ago. I really like Catherine because sometimes I'll have to play the support role. She's simply amazing. I've read the Unbreakable Guide and I follow that build since I'm starting out.

My problem really is that more often than not I end up being level gapped. Although later on we would still win. But my question is: is this natural when you play Catherine?

I understand that she's not as fast in jungling like Koshka or Krul, she's not the ideal laner also like Ringo or Adagio. She's not super harass in enemy jungle like Krul or Glaive either. Which is why my problem is that I end up being level gapped.

So, any tips or advice to help me improve my Catherine in terms of playing with the team or levelling up?
IGN: Zaffre
Region: Southeast Asia (SEA)
Main: Catherine, Ringo
Skill tier: Pretty Good
Karma level: 11

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 28, 2014 12:36am | Report
Any Catherine players? :)

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Keefur » December 28, 2014 5:36am | Report
Its usual for me to get this as well. Catherine is a great support, but not a big damage dealer and will miss out on more last hits than other heroes. Some tips to help.

1) Get shield as your first ability - it reduces damage taken and allows you to fight longer before healing. Walk way out into the jungle and work your way back towards your base. Best if you can get all the way to the mob camp on the enemy side near the store.

2) Buy some mines early game - it keeps the gankers away

3) When possible sit in the lane and kill minions. The lane is the best place for xp.

4) Buy the boots soon (I've seen some do it as the first purchase) in order to move from mob to mob faster.

5) Mid game, do not forget to stop and kill mobs you pass along the way. Don't let this cause you to miss out on helping teammates, but usually they will pass them by while Cath will need the xp.

Keefur
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 28, 2014 6:39am | Report
I've read 1-3 from the Unreakable Catherine guide also. 4 is kinda unusual, but I'll take note of it :)

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone in this! +rep for you haha!

Zaffre
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved