Vainglory Forums

Ideas for Vainglory

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Do you want an item index with in-depth details from which you can custom create a build which will be next to the 'recommended' build?
Yes
No
I know another way of doing that, (reply in thread)
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by The_Ezzz » August 17, 2015 6:17am | Report
Vainglory has been available for quite a while now and Android users can experience the joy of playing too. I personally play on a tablet and always struggled with builds. I looked on Vainglory Fire and found builds that I liked. But the only problem was to apply it in-game. At the moment I am required to screenshot the new guide and open it in Photos, have this application running whilst the screenshot is visible, enter a match and double press the Home button to see the build. This is a long way to get around a problem which in my opinion could be fixed easily, I do not know how many of you are out there experiencing the same problem, but I thought of the solution of creating an item index. The index will include every item, its statistics, the 'More info' screen which at the moment displays your in-game stats and the Shopping list creation part wherein you can build and play your own build without leaving the app, this is also a shortcut for players that want to use a main build for every heroe, they can buy items quicker in-game and therefore have more time to focus on the match.

I hope you guys agree with me on this issue, ultimately I would want this to be considered by a developer which could implement this in-game if Super Evil Megacorp come in agreement. Please share your thoughts on this.
Thanks for reading,
EU Server IGN: The_Ezra
Skill Tier: Hotness(7) Gold
Karma lvl: 20
Account lvl: 20
Favourite Heroes: Vox, Skaarf, Catherine, Taka

The_Ezzz
Quote | PM | +Rep by koalaoverlord » August 17, 2015 3:01pm | Report
This would be great, especially at the start of the match if you are jungling, and want to get to the camp by the shop more quickly.
IGN: koalaoverlord
Skill tier: With the winter season, who knows?
Mains: Ardan, Blackfeather
Karma Level: Great
Server: EU
Time Online: Weekdays 9-11 GMT, weekends probably not on.

koalaoverlord
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » August 18, 2015 10:08am | Report
It doesn't take long to get familiar with what items are best suited toward each hero, and which ones are a waste of time. There is a problem with following builds online. They most likely will have nothing to do with the match you are in. Example being you want to try a new WP Ringo build you looked up. You get into a match only to find out that your teammate selected Joule and is going with a weapon build as well. Or, same start with your Ringo, you get a Krul going crystal in the jungle, but the enemy team is building all Armor with Atlas Pauldron to slow your death dealing to a crawl. Enemy team nerfs both you and the Krul with one stone. The guides are just that, guides. Almost everyone playing VG is looking at the same guide as you and is either going to copy it, or knows exactly what you are building and is going to counter it. Maybe the team your are up against is a Celeste, Catherine, Joule team that will stun you to death even if you were able to manage to build 6 Sorrowblade's with your Ringo. That then forces you to get a Reflex Block or two when that might not have been part of the build you were going for. Another example is if you are going for a support role that has warhorn as an early build item, but you notice your bozo teammate building toward a warhorn right along with you. You have to constantly be adjusting.

My point is that by early to mid game you should already be adjusting your build to counter the enemy's specific build and be complimentary (not conflict or overlap) with what your teammates are building, not what is "recommended" in a guide. In higher skill tiers, to not counter build is a good way to find yourself back down in the rankings looking up.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved