Vainglory Forums

If Skye can ... then shouldn't Saw ... ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ownsya » November 18, 2015 3:48pm | Report
So I stayed away from the game for a few months and when I returned found new characters Phinn and Skye. Before my break I was in SA gold player so I've got some experience with the game. Since my return I've faced Skye several times, and each time I've always felt she was OP, and this was both with cp builds and wp builds, but thats not the point of this thread. Here's what I really wanted to discuss/suggest:

If Skye's Forward Barrage ability can be canceled at a whim (if the player misses what would otherwise be a skill shot), then shouldn't Saw be able to cancel Suppressing Fire?

If Skye can move while using Forward Barrage, then shouldn't Saw be able to rotate the direction of his Suppressing Fire while it's still going (even if at a slow pace)?

I don't play snipers at all, I play jungle/roam heroes, and don't get me wrong I don't really want to see Saw made any stronger, I'm just saying out of comparison between the two. Personally I feel Skye is OP and think her Forward Barrage should lose the ability to be cancelled, make it more of a skill shot. It's already enough that her lock on makes it near impossible to run away from her and she can deal insane damage very quickly.
-IGN: Ownsya; NA Region. The JuNN Horde.

Ownsya
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » November 19, 2015 12:52pm | Report
Adding the ability to cancel suppressing fire on saw, would make WP saw very very viable. Imagine it, 12 stacks in 0.5 seconds because of the cancel.
If the cancel would give a certain number of stacks by the amount of time he stayed in his suppressing fire this would make sense for saw though it would make sure saw wouldn't be OP with this new idea and would balance crystal saw out and even give people a reason to play crystal saw at higher elo without completely yolo'ing.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KuntFu » November 19, 2015 5:05pm | Report
If this hero can do this, the other should...what? You lost me. A hero does what they can do. The other does what they can do. Leave it alone.

Suppressing fire slows you down. So no, he shouldn't be able to rotate. Skye is squishy. Her cancel lets her have more mobility. She's made to not be able to run from. Just like quite a few other heroes. Leave it alone.

KuntFu
Quote | PM | +Rep by ImahKillu » November 20, 2015 12:12am | Report
Both of them are pretty balanced. I mean WP SAW bursts down enemies with basic attack damage, so why does he need to rotate? as well that suppressing fire slows down enemies and SAW himself.

ImahKillu
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ownsya » November 20, 2015 6:49pm | Report
KuntFu wrote:

If this hero can do this, the other should...what? You lost me. A hero does what they can do. The other does what they can do. Leave it alone.

Suppressing fire slows you down. So no, he shouldn't be able to rotate. Skye is squishy. Her cancel lets her have more mobility. She's made to not be able to run from. Just like quite a few other heroes. Leave it alone.

I kinda agree with you. I guess this is my way of saying I feel Skye has a bit too much going for her. She's just too mobile imo and that makes her slightly OP. My comparison with Saw and how mobile he could be with tweaks of similitude is just for demonstration.

Ownsya
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ownsya » November 20, 2015 6:57pm | Report
ImahKillu wrote:

Both of them are pretty balanced. I mean WP SAW bursts down enemies with basic attack damage, so why does he need to rotate? as well that suppressing fire slows down enemies and SAW himself.

Skye can basically burst down an enemy as fast as Saw can but she can move quickly while she does so. I'm just trying to argue here that she has too much mobility. The fact that her Forward Barrage can be cancelled also means you don't need much skill to do loads of damage with her. Most other characters require skill shots to do that kind of damage or else be in close range

Ownsya
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » November 23, 2015 3:34pm | Report
It would be very difficult too implement the Suppressing Fire rotation(if it was accepted) because SAW wouldn't be able to move. The screen would be used for the rotation, and not for moving.

As others have said, canceling suppressing fire would make SAW very viable, to the point of him being overpowered. He would have more time to move around and renew his stacks in a second so he could immediately start dishing damage instead of waiting for like 2 seconds.

However the thought of buffing SAW is an interesting topic, but it's hard to make SAW viable without making him OP. We can only have one or the other, and right now we have the weak SAW.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlNG » November 24, 2015 4:49am | Report
actually a good idea to cancel saws suppressing fire is activating his first ability but with a penalty. if the first ability is activated during suppressing fire, he won't be able to shank anyone, sounds good?
Just a Casual Player, nothing much :/

IGN: its BlNG with an L as in LAMP

Main Laner: Celeste, Ringo

Main Support: Catherine, ardan

Main Jungler: Taka, Krul

Level 20 and NOT BAD (i hardly go to ranked match)

I have SOME IDEA HOW TO PLAY KRUL

BlNG
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » November 27, 2015 6:39pm | Report
Yeah, Veneticius is kind of right, There's not much saw can get buffed right now without making him played every single match non - stop at higher ranks like the hotness.

Now for the people who don't understand, Saw actually needs a buff, while you may think Saw is OP and can 3 v 1 easily, that's because your vsing noobs and with people who actually are good at the game, Saw really can't do anything whatsoever without really really really high luck or immense, immense skill.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved