Vainglory Forums

Insta Locker

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by NDyoinseo » May 22, 2015 5:07am | Report
Hate of those insta lockers. this game seems need to create more support items or heroes or else everyone will keeps insta lock Lane carry!
IGN : NDyoinseo (SEA)
Skill Tier : The Hotness Silver
Best with : Joule Ringo
Training : Celeste Catherine Adagio

NDyoinseo
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 22, 2015 5:32pm | Report
Tip: If you come across an instalocker as of v1.4, soft-lock and allow the timer to expire. You will not incur the abandonment penalty this way :), and you can take a 1 minute toilet break!
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » May 22, 2015 7:13pm | Report
Lane carry is all about clicking faster, so whoever Insta Locks faster deserves to be a laner.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 22, 2015 10:03pm | Report
Actually some part of it has to do with one's connection --- whoever loads into the hero selection window first technically has first pick. Although it's arguable that said person probably has a good connection, which in turn might have a relation to their ability to hold the lane, I personally feel that instalocking is symptomatic of an individual who is so fixated on a character that they are unwilling to consider the selections of the rest of their team. I'd venture as far as to say that whoever instalocks deserves to not play with me.

Suppose that I am exceptionally good at playing CP Saw, so I don't fall into the all-too-common category of players who choose Saw only because they spam bullets to win. However if the rest of my team softlocks, say, Celeste and Koshka, a legitimate concern were I a team player would be:

1. Everyone's could end up playing CP. This means if I want to stay in the lane, I would either go WP Saw, or WP Ringo. If I'm in soloQ, I have no way to determine this, so I might have to make some assumptions.
2. Koshka is an early-game hero, and so is Saw. Will this be too unbalanced? Might I want to choose a character who has more potential in the late game so that I can make up for the weaknesses in my team? If I am familiar with the character, I could do Joule, perhaps?
3. If you see that I've soft-locked Saw and you lock-in Saw, you better be one helluva Saw player, because I immediately have second thoughts about locking in at all for this game.

To me, the sign of a good team is when there's a brief moment in the lobby where everyone is switching characters to fill gaps in the team, until we arrive at something which seems to fit everyone. This could mean that I stay as Saw, or it could mean that I chose something else. However delaying my lock-in for 10 seconds or so gives everyone the room for consideration, which speaks far more than the ability to click faster. Conversely, I might choose to interpret someone who selects faster as impulsive and unwilling to wait, i.e. they'll be the first to turret-dive, or the first to break-cover during an ambush. These are both characteristics I would not want from a laner.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MisterOverdose » May 25, 2015 5:47am | Report
I usually try letting my other team mates pick first... I could care who I'm left with, as long as they pick characters they are good with, and we can win with, which hasn't happened too much lately lol.

MisterOverdose
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved