Vainglory Forums

Instalockers are cancer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowBeatz » December 31, 2015 11:35am | Report
I can't stand instalockers. Their selfishness causes other players on the team to play with heroes or positions they aren't comfortable with.

The world isn't going to end if you don't play with your favorite hero in every single match!

And is it just me, or do instalockers typically SUCK with the hero they chose?
IGN: 6ixthTheory
Region: North America
Skill Tier: Pretty Good, bronze
Mains: Ringo (CP + WP), Glaive (WP), Skye (WP)
Secondaries: Phinn, Fortress, Rona

ShadowBeatz
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Equ1 » December 31, 2015 1:13pm | Report
Indeed. I play like 90% of my casual matches as support simply because of instalockers...
Even if I highlight another role in lane for example, they'll want to instantly pick their overpowered, easy to play Skye, even after seeing that I would like to lane. I would love to spectate a game where all 3 teammates instalocked a laning hero and got absolutely destroyed...
Server: South-East Asia
Average Tier: Pretty Good (6) / Silver (Only 'Cancerous' Solo Queue)
Wins: 486 as of 02/01/2016
Main Heroes:
  • Lane: WP Ringo, WP/CP SAW, CP Skye
  • Jungle: WP Glaive or WP Joule, CP Ringo or CP Vox or CP Skye, WP/CP Taka or CP Koshka
  • Support: Aftershock Catherine, Breaking Point Ardan
Which hero I choose is fully dependent on what heroes my teammates are playing.
If you ever see me in casual, just note I am just having fun, and will likely make unusual hero choices.

Equ1
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 31, 2015 2:00pm | Report
Skye isn't overpowered nor easy to play...... She's strong but not actually not as easy to play as you think. Her ultimate's utility and thought processing can completely change a team fight but you need to be really good at Skye to accomplish that.

One person who is overpowered in my opinion is kestrel's early game right now.

As for the instalockers, 2 solutions.... Play with friends, or wait out the que and don't lock in. If you wait it out you will receive a ban for about 50 seconds but it's better then wasting 30 minutes of your time with a instalock saw. Just don't remember to constantly wait out ques in a row because then the ban gets longer and you'll eventually get to bad karma

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by WelshWizard » January 1, 2016 7:41pm | Report
I think everyone has helped they are practicing to get better at our enjoy playing but aren't the best at. When I have instalockers I use the opportunity to practice. Obviously aren't players you want to be friends with in guilds with or on a team with.

WelshWizard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » January 1, 2016 9:39pm | Report
Equ1 wrote:

Indeed. I play like 90% of my casual matches as support simply because of instalockers...
Even if I highlight another role in lane for example, they'll want to instantly pick their overpowered, easy to play Skye, even after seeing that I would like to lane. I would love to spectate a game where all 3 teammates instalocked a laning hero and got absolutely destroyed...

If you didn't like playing support in casual why would you? It is casual, you can play full WP Skaarf in my team and I could not care less. Play whatever you want in casual, if you get 3 laners oh well take the opportunity to challenge the meta and just enjoy the game :)

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Equ1 » January 1, 2016 9:49pm | Report
^
For quests. And doing them as quickly as possible, especially when it comes to "only have enough time for x amount of games, but gotta win 3 of em".

Although you definitely do make a good point, and I commonly play Glaive, Koshka, Skaarfs, and numerous other heroes as support in Casual Matches.
Server: South-East Asia
Average Tier: Pretty Good (6) / Silver (Only 'Cancerous' Solo Queue)
Wins: 486 as of 02/01/2016
Main Heroes:
  • Lane: WP Ringo, WP/CP SAW, CP Skye
  • Jungle: WP Glaive or WP Joule, CP Ringo or CP Vox or CP Skye, WP/CP Taka or CP Koshka
  • Support: Aftershock Catherine, Breaking Point Ardan
Which hero I choose is fully dependent on what heroes my teammates are playing.
If you ever see me in casual, just note I am just having fun, and will likely make unusual hero choices.

Equ1
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverMK » January 2, 2016 8:53am | Report
Equ1 wrote:

So true lol. They think support is very boring position to play but I think it's f**king interesting because you can control the game as the way you want. In soloq casual game and some ranked ( i dont want to play sp in casual match btw because this is my main position), I can earn the much gold by playing aggressive and carry the team. Otherwise, i can let my jungler reach lv 6 very fast while im only lv 3 like many streamers did if i can trust them.
IGN: ...
Server: SEA
Main: WP Joule, Koshka, Ardan, Catherine
Tier: HOTgirl.

SilverMK
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » January 2, 2016 2:46pm | Report
How do you help your jungler level up faster?

I mean I've done it before but I don't know what exactly I did to do that.

Yeah most instalockers are terrible with their hero most likely because it's probably the new hero or they got a new hero skin.

But there are a few instalockers that are extremely good with there hero so I usually don't mind when they instalock. The problem is that you don't know which is which.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 2, 2016 2:55pm | Report
If you want to help you jungler level faster you need to do different rotations. E.g at the start of the game the jungler goes for the minion above the backs and kills that without the iron guard hitting it, meanwhile the Ironguard hits the backs and once the jungler is finished with the top regen minion he comes down and kills the backs.

This will give less gold but will give the jungler more xp from the minion because when you Ironguard on a minion it shares the xp between the support and the jungler but with this when you take one minion without that you will gain more xp on the jungler because the xp isn't being shared.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved