Vainglory Forums

Ipad Pro Performance

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nerdjitsu » November 24, 2015 3:39pm | Report
I'm a bit of a frame rate junkie, love my 60fps, and have always been incredibly happy with Vainglory in that regard. Been playing mostly on my Ipad Air 1 up to now. One of the first things I did when I got my Ipad pro in (yesterday) was fire up VG to see how it looked.

While it looks good and is quite playable, it does seem that there are slight stutters in the animations and frame rate. I've got a real sensitive eye for 60fps, especially for animations, so it's possible others haven't even noticed it.

It's also possible that those stutters were there all along, and are just more noticeable on the larger device. As I am the previously mentioned junkie for frames, it's a smidge disappointing with brand new hardware - though I realize fully that even with a new processor, upping the resolution as much as the Pro has is going to affect performance.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody else had noticed a decrease in performance compared to previous Ipad/Iphone models.

Edit: let me clarify that I was testing in practice/single-player, so there was no chance of a bad internet connection causing anything like this.

Nerdjitsu
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSugarTits » December 1, 2015 12:01pm | Report
If you're simply bragging that you have the new iPad Pro then congratulations, lol. But performance is better than on something as simply as the iPhone. You might simply notice them in greater detail since your screen size is almost 10x larger, so every small unnoticeable stutter on the phone is barely noticeable on a much larger screen.

TheSugarTits
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ganked Again » January 21, 2016 12:09am | Report
I'm experiencing the same thing. I have an iPad 2 and a Pro. The Pro has pauses through out the entire game. The 2 pauses once each game when an enemy hero first approaches and then is stable the rest of the game.

Ganked Again

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved