Vainglory Forums

Is Skye worth the glory?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » September 6, 2015 11:31am | Report
I can either get Skye, get another support (all I have rn is Catherine), or get a new skin. I'm a huge fan of snipers and laning in general, but I have no need to get Skye if she's not any better than, say, ringo or Celeste or vox. I haven't seen much of her gameplay yet, since not many people have bought her & I wasn't playing much when she was released.

So, thoughts on Skye? If anybody would like to explain her pro's & con's or start a discussion I'd be much obliged :)
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » September 6, 2015 6:58pm | Report
Get another support
Skye will be free in one month. Try the hero then. (Sorry for not being helpful, this is just my plan of action regarding Skye)
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » September 6, 2015 9:00pm | Report
I have a feeling skye is going to be nerfed in the next update. Her B rockets are pretty BS so I am guessing they might dumb those down. I just bought Rona and she is probably new favorite jungler. The update to her was much needed.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » September 6, 2015 9:57pm | Report

I have a feeling skye is going to be nerfed in the next update. Her B rockets are pretty BS so I am guessing they might dumb those down. I just bought Rona and she is probably new favorite jungler. The update to her was much needed.

Yeah, I haven't used Rona much till now; she's by far one of my favorites. I think I'll stick with her, get a new support, & try Skye out later like yangus suggested
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » September 8, 2015 10:39am | Report
You may or may not know this, but ALL heroes are available in the practice mode, including Skye. So if you want to just tinker around with her, you can play the solo-practice to see if she suits your play style.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » September 8, 2015 1:12pm | Report
Yes, but that is merely showing the jungle/lane clear speed.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » September 8, 2015 3:35pm | Report
Yangusbeef wrote:

Yes, but that is merely showing the jungle/lane clear speed.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Solo practice allows you to PLAY the hero in-game with no opposing heroes. Works exactly as a real game, with minion mines, gold mines and the Kraken arriving at the same game clock times as a regular game. Also has all turrets up and jungle and lane minions active with the enemy vain as the final objective. Anyway....
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » September 9, 2015 12:56am | Report
He makes a good point some heroes that you don't find fun in practice could actually be the action you're looking for in PvP.

For me Skaarf and Catherine are good examples of that.

Halcius
Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved