Vainglory Forums

Is There Even Any Skill Matching?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Jasper92 » June 17, 2015 2:41pm | Report
Hi There,

After so many frustrating and horrible match-ups, I just had to register here and write this post. What on earth is wrong with the skill matching for games? I thought it was supposed to be there.

However, I'm level 10; skill tier 4; gold (so many confusing ranks ha) and have 150 wins. I have had a lot of entertaining games but the same amount of frustrating annoying games. Every so often, I get matched up with a guy that goes AFK after a few mins tops. This isn't that much of a problem because most of the time, I'm still able to win or at least have a proper match when playing 2 vs 3.

The big problem is when you run into some idiot who doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing. I explicitly wait till the other players have chosen a character to pick one that compensates the quality's of the others. But if for example, someone picks a lane character (and sometimes even states that he's going to play lane) and then juns runs into the forest where a roamer/jungler are already it; you're pretty much screwed. Especially when the enemy has a strong laner or just two laners. No, the matching is properly screwed up.

Also, the punishment for AFK'ing is a joke. I had been having some internet problems lately so I encountered an occasional punishment screen for leaving a match. Every single time it was something like "Don't leave a match because you will ruin the game for other players. In the future you will lose karma points. Currently your punishment is: 0 points." and it's always like that.

Seriously, just give people a 1 hour ban or a 15 min ban that starts the next time they try to join a match. Yes, some people with actual internet/battery problems might get screwed over with this, but those are small incidents. The actual problem of AFK'ers needs to be dealt with. At least 2/5th of the matches I play, will end up with at least 1 guy AFK.

Jasper92
Quote | PM | +Rep by voidstate » June 18, 2015 5:02am | Report
So... you've been going AFK because of internet problems... and now you're getting paired with other AFKers and noobs?

voidstate
Quote | PM | +Rep by KingKush » June 19, 2015 10:28am | Report
When you go AFK the game queues you with other people known to AFK. If you never go AFK then you get paired up with people who won't. I've been there with you and it's gonna be bad till you get to the decentish tier. That's when you see the drop off in AFKers. Two in the lane isn't a good idea because they won't be able to farm. If you have three in the jungle you can take over the jungle early game and farm While ganking the three lanera whenever they come near your turrets

KingKush
Quote | PM | +Rep by Jasper92 » June 22, 2015 4:18pm | Report
voidstate wrote:

So... you've been going AFK because of internet problems... and now you're getting paired with other AFKers and noobs?

No, I had a few (max 3) internet disconnects months ago. Since then, I've been playing like crazy and won tons of games and still AFKers and noobs.

KingKush wrote:

When you go AFK the game queues you with other people known to AFK. If you never go AFK then you get paired up with people who won't. I've been there with you and it's gonna be bad till you get to the decentish tier. That's when you see the drop off in AFKers. Two in the lane isn't a good idea because they won't be able to farm. If you have three in the jungle you can take over the jungle early game and farm While ganking the three lanera whenever they come near your turrets

Have been past the decent-ish tier for months now and still this.. I do agree that one in the lane is better because of farming opportunities. But three in the jungle severely hurts the farming of everyone.. And in this particular instance, I ran into a SAW who tried to be the third Jungler. Which is possibly one of the ****tiest combinations ever.

Jasper92
Quote | PM | +Rep by KingKush » June 22, 2015 6:30pm | Report
I dont have AFKers anymore and im in PG gold tier. Three in the jungle is only good if everyone is really mobile and you gank opponents early and often. ive seen multiple games where is worked to perfection but i believe they were in a party cause it was ridiculous teamwork. i never see three in the lane though. But saw jungling is stupid in any situation lmao

KingKush

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved