Vainglory Forums

Is this all Vainglory has to offer anymore?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » May 3, 2017 6:06pm | Report
Ok, so for the past week or 2 I have been trying to soloq to hotness (just to say, in my own way, that soloq is possible), but while doing it I have run into a lot of issues and almost stupid problems. 1st off, I feel like Vainglory is mostly consisted of bad players, toxic players, or just flat out trolls. I like to roam because I am a roam main and I don't want to end up with a bad roamer, but then I run the risk of having a bad carry. If I carry I run the risk of having a troll roam who steals farm, won't help in team fights, and even looks for members of the enemy team and lures them to where you are. In fact, no matter what role I pick I will usually always end up with a bad player on my team in 1 position or another.

Another stupid subject that is actually an issue is ending up with team mates who get triggered easily. Earlier today I lost at least 2 matches simply because my roam in both of them got triggered about losing and, deciding it was my soloq ally and my own faults, decided that it was his right to troll us for something we hadnt even brought on. In both situations the enemy teams just had better players, but the roamer got triggered and instantaneously decided it was his soloq allies faults.

1 of the really high points was when my now former team mate came online. He wanted to do a match with me but I told him (and I had told him multiple times before) that I just wanted to soloq to try and get T7. He took that as my trying to avoid him, and then after some melodramatics and really "Oh please" statements, he decided he was mature enough to unfriend me, unfriend me on discord, kick everyone he could in our guild, and leave the team we made together. He has been under the belief I have been trying to avoid him for a while now. It all really started with the fact that he refuses to play soloq because of the toxic people he would find doing it. Today though, he took it to a new extreme of calling me "racist" when he was the 1 who made the racy comments.

My team mate really did use to be a cool guy to play with, and I played with him ever since around when I first joined on January 1 last year. But lately he has become so toxic and hard to deal with that no one in the guild really liked to play with him. I mean, really? Back when I first joined there was a toxicity problem just like now, but it was no where near as bad. Now you can barely go 1 game without seeing a troll or toxic team mate whether its on your team or the enemy team.

Even when I grind on ranked I always believe in having fun and just enjoying the match with your team mates whether you know them or they are just total strangers. I've actually been getting toxic myself lately in the form of dodging matches, rage pinging allies, and even gotten so triggered by some people that a couple of times I trolled the whole match pulling stunts like turret running, rushing the whole enemy team, that sort of thing.

Ever since I first played it Vainglory has been my number 1 game. But lately I've been enjoying it less and less because of the amount of toxicity I've been running into. In the soloqers, in the guilds, in my team mate, and even in myself I am seeing more and more toxicity. I love vainglory, but I might just quit it if this keeps up.

I know that a lot of people will think I'm just ranting because I've had a bad day, and I don't deny it, I am certainly ranting about a bad day! But this has been going on for longer than 1 day, and there is a lot of truth in this rant, at least in my opinion. Please tell me if you agree with me or disagree with me. Especially help me with reasons why I should just let Vainglory go or keep on sticking with it. All I really want is for at least someone to read this and get half a feeling that there is a major toxicity problem right now, and that it is probably a large contributor to the decrease in Vainglory players as of late!
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cynesta » May 3, 2017 7:35pm | Report
Play some blitz and BR. Experiment with new heroes and builds in those game modes, it would make the game fun.
Dont solo queue.
That teammate/guildmate was just an *******.
Toxicity is inevitable in solo queue, people have anonymimity and minimal reprecussions for bad behaviour, it is inevitable.

Play with me for the best of times IGN - Cynesta Region - SEA
IGN - Cynesta
Region - SEA

Queue solo est infernum

Cynesta
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » May 3, 2017 7:52pm | Report
It appears that this sort of thing is kind of inevitable with games like this, sometimes the best bet is to put the game down for a week and pick it up later when some of these feelings have gone away. Toxicity with other people is kind of hard to deal with though, probably the best way is to get more involved with the community and to find a group of players out there that are willing to have fun and not be toxic. It's kind of sad that solo q has always been toxic. I wish it was because VG lacks communication, but I know that that is not the problem. People are just rotten, even if they don't think they are... they are. There's nothing that you can really do about it, except finding a friend that you can always play with that you won't worry about becoming toxic.

I'm facing many of these problems myself, with my guild dying. The guild that I am in right now just got a leader. Our old leader didn't feel that VG is really the game for him, so he passed the leadership to a member that really couldn't give a rat's *** toot over how well the guild is doing.

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cyanogenmoded » May 5, 2017 1:06pm | Report
bro i have seen u here quite often ranting about this , even i do that but its inevitable , VG has grown at a complex pace lacking basics like good servers in SEA region , problems like high pings , cant text anyone , getting the texts after a match or even on anoter device as notification but not on the main device, these are icings on the cake and frustrating tbh. I would recommend to play only on weekends , but that has a con, as thats when you will see the most trolls and nokbs trying to play atleast in casuals(i play it usually to practice and not waste my elo ) i am a gwen, baron and alpha main but believe me i have made so many mistakes that i cringe and tilt making the match worse than it is already by hyper pinging, by stealing jungle farm and abusing in chats after game..... its just so annoying that i get noobs in casual matches and not players near my tier instead, i have lost 3 of all of my matches today and that has disheartened me from this game , plus as i dont have a pc , this game is the only one which i play beside "my life" :P
long and short is play little and rather play when you are in mood and not bored , if you are in SEA then my ign is: cyanogenmoded and ping me for a good match ;)
just dont mind me when i am tilted ~_~
I will be your worst nightmare
Main heroes- Glaive(wp), Petal(dead, this hero is dead for me), cp adagio, vox, gwen, lance(not bad), koshka, alpha and sometimes the current meta.

Cyanogenmoded
Quote | PM | +Rep by BossBoy » May 5, 2017 6:42pm | Report

bro i have seen u here quite often ranting about this , even i do that but its inevitable , VG has grown at a complex pace lacking basics like good servers in SEA region , problems like high pings , cant text anyone , getting the texts after a match or even on anoter device as notification but not on the main device, these are icings on the cake and frustrating tbh. I would recommend to play only on weekends , but that has a con, as thats when you will see the most trolls and nokbs trying to play atleast in casuals(i play it usually to practice and not waste my elo ) i am a gwen, baron and alpha main but believe me i have made so many mistakes that i cringe and tilt making the match worse than it is already by hyper pinging, by stealing jungle farm and abusing in chats after game..... its just so annoying that i get noobs in casual matches and not players near my tier instead, i have lost 3 of all of my matches today and that has disheartened me from this game , plus as i dont have a pc , this game is the only one which i play beside "my life" :P
long and short is play little and rather play when you are in mood and not bored , if you are in SEA then my ign is: cyanogenmoded and ping me for a good match ;)
just dont mind me when i am tilted ~_~

Add me Bro
My IGN is Thangproz
Server: SEA
IGN: Thangproz
Main: Jungle(90%),Carry(10%), Roam (practicing in casual)

BossBoy
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BossBoy » May 6, 2017 6:09pm | Report
You could take a break from ranking and play other game mode (Casual, Blitz, BR)
IGN: Thangproz
Main: Jungle(90%),Carry(10%), Roam (practicing in casual)

BossBoy
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved