Vainglory Forums

Joule.. Jump?!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by sasquatch » January 15, 2015 6:50pm | Report
I just lost a game which we shouldn't have because Joule can hop. We had no turrets left, the enemy had two. We just got the kraken, I died and the other two went to out fortress entrance to stop them from coming in. I thought the kraken would take care of their turrets and we were set as long as my two teammates could defend that little entrance. Turns out, joule went somewhere along the wall to the south of them, hopped it with her special, and got the crystal before we had any idea she "snuck" by. Honestly I think it is pretty BS, but suppose it makes games interesting time after time
Stay Frosty

sasquatch
Quote | PM | +Rep by WarStar » January 16, 2015 4:57am | Report
Yeah, I saw that too this week actually. Was capturing the eastern minion mine and then the Joule on my party passed by and jumped over the enemy's wall lol. She then took down their final turret and solidified our victory! So yeah, pretty neat little shortcut for endgame.

WarStar
Quote | PM | +Rep by iiBlue » January 16, 2015 8:00am | Report
Aye it's all about that back door lol. I like playing Joule, and her hop gets me out of sticky situations. I've never done that with her, but any hero can do that. For example, the enemy team has one turret left on their side, but they unleash the Kraken. While they concentrate on taking down our turrets, I gather the few minions left and take down the turret and the crystal as Taka.

iiBlue
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nukkefist » January 16, 2015 9:02am | Report
It's such a great troll move to sneak in there with Joule or a rogue and destroy the crystal while the other team isn't paying attention because they think they are going to win with the Kraken.

Nukkefist
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » January 16, 2015 9:57am | Report
I tested it out and Glaive's Afterburn will slip you through the wall as well, lol. I wonder if this "back door" was intentionally placed there by the devs.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » January 16, 2015 2:36pm | Report
Nukkefist wrote:

It's such a great troll move to sneak in there with Joule or a rogue and destroy the crystal while the other team isn't paying attention because they think they are going to win with the Kraken.

I wouldn't call it a troll move, it should keep you on your toes as to where to defend. I've won many times when the opponent grabs the Kraken. The Kraken gives a large advantage, but it's still not an instant win.
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nukkefist » January 17, 2015 5:42am | Report
I agree it's legit and there's nothing wrong with it. It's still funny though.

Nukkefist
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nukkefist » January 17, 2015 6:14am | Report
Although that Afterburn trick seems like a glitch.

Nukkefist
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 17, 2015 5:13pm | Report
wolf_hands wrote:

I tested it out and Glaive 's Afterburn will slip you through the wall as well, lol. I wonder if this "back door" was intentionally placed there by the devs.

Nukkefist wrote:

Although that Afterburn trick seems like a glitch.

Well... No, it was intended by the devs, not a glitch at all. I learned it on one of the official livestreams
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nukkefist » January 19, 2015 5:59am | Report
Interesting. Thanks for clarifying.

Nukkefist

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved