Vainglory Forums

Jungle Strategy?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalaber » January 16, 2015 12:06pm | Report
I almost always play Saw, and I'm reasonably good at dominating the lane. Obviously, one can't always play what one wants so I typically use Koshka if I'm not Saw.

I can't for the life of me (or my team) figure out the two person jungle strategy. I always fall way behind in level and gold. I don't know where I'm supposed to be.

I know to go to the far point of the jungle to farm the furthest away, but after that I am supposed to stick with the second jungler? Are we supposed to invade the enemy side of the jungle?

I just don't get what is supposed to happen after the initial farm. Some type of explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Kalaber
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » January 16, 2015 12:16pm | Report
Yes, get Ironguard Contract, it allows you to make money while fighting even if you don't get last hit. Go to the far side of the jungle, and harass them as you kill creeps. Might not get kills early, but especially with Koshka, you will easily out-level everyone in the game. My best with Koshka was making it to level 12 and highest opponent was 9, from using that technique. ;)
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by sasquatch » January 16, 2015 12:43pm | Report
Like stated above, he iron guard contract and I would try to get your team mate to help you SERIOUSLY harass and kill the enemies in the jungle, and in between kill their monsters. Just be sure you two HAVE to stick together when you op are on their side of the map, just to keep that edge of 2v1, or at least match with 2v2. If you lane guy is paying attention he should come down when it's a 2v2 to help rid them real quick, then he can go back up and continue on. Also just jump in e lane yourself every once in a while to knock off some minions or harass/kill (remember you get good gold for killing) the enemy lane player
Stay Frosty

sasquatch
Quote | PM | +Rep by CobraFredPE » January 16, 2015 2:34pm | Report
I'm using Catherine a lot lately and it's almost always a 2-jungler team. I go to the far side (iron contract in my pocket) and kill both creep spawns in each side of the shop. i you feel like it (and as long as you have an escape route/skill/potions) you can go even further or just tag along with your fellow jungler. he/she would most likely be a hunter, so eventually you'll have a few creeps for yourself.
Of course, your main source of gold would also be the laner. Being in the jungle gives you the edge at ganking from the bushes, so you would just need a bit of coordination with your mates to do it.
IGN: CobraFredPE
Region: South America
Karma lv: 18
Skill Tier: Decent-ish
Main: Ardan / Catherine
Also: Glaive / Ringo / Celeste (Practicing a lot with her, anyway)

CobraFredPE
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 17, 2015 5:53am | Report
Well, the jungle strategy depends on wether or not you're able to communicate IRL with your fellow jungler. Because the best strategy (in the devs' opinion) is one player Tanky such as Glaive or Catherine with an Ironguard Contract who takes the hits from the jungle creeps, the other teammate such as Koshka or Taka who takes the last hits from the monsters, except the healings ones. Why might you wonder ? Well, let's devellop this strategy : the Ironguard Contract passive grants you with 20 gold every 5 hits, plus the fact that every time a teammate kills something near you, you'll get like 20% of the gold amount. So if you let yourself get hit, you'll get gold from the hits, and from the fact that your teammate got the last hits. In the end you'll receive only a slighter amount of gold than your teammate, because you'll get the money and heal from the healing creeps (since you take the damage, you have to heal yourself).
This permits one very useful thing : since you're most of the time together, you won't be caught up alone by the two enemy junglers. You'll level almost as fast, but with an indeniable bonus : the safety.

But but but, if you're like me, you'll mostly play on solo queue, with unknown teammates. So this technique will not work. In solo queue, if you see your teammate starting with a Ironguard Contract, don't do it too because if the enemy is smart, the enemy junglers will buy offensive items, they'll have the upper hand and invade you (maybe even kill you if you can't escape in time).

So, to resume : one tank with an Ironguard Contract, another not tanky with an offensive item.

The rules-to-follow-if-you-can are :
1- Stick with your other jungler as most as you can. This will prevent you from being killed too much.
2- Don't ever do nothing. If there aren't any creeps in the jungle to kill, invade the enemy jungle or prepare for a gank in the lane.
3- Don't spend your whole time trying to kill heroes. Farm. Farming is important because it will bring most of the gold and experience.
4- Use the pings without toxicity, watch the map. Place mines in the bushes near the gold mine (to see when an enemy enters your jungle) and one behind the gold miner to see whenever the enemy team is trying to take it.
5- Help your laner whenever he is in need (when is pushed back to his turret for example). Don't leave him the whole time alone, except if he is kicking the other laner's butt. Always remember that is part of your team and as such, a personn to protect and help too.

Those are the most important rules I would say :)
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NolePatrol » January 19, 2015 2:35pm | Report
What doudjr said. I prefer 2 junglers because there is better security and it allows your carry to level faster. Iron gaurd contract is almost always a great but until mid game.

NolePatrol
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalaber » January 19, 2015 5:56pm | Report
DoudJr wrote:

Well, the jungle strategy depends on wether or not you're able to communicate IRL with your fellow jungler. Because the best strategy (in the devs' opinion) is one player Tanky such as Glaive or Catherine with an Ironguard Contract who takes the hits from the jungle creeps, the other teammate such as Koshka or Taka who takes the last hits from the monsters, except the healings ones. Why might you wonder ? Well, let's devellop this strategy : the Ironguard Contract passive grants you with 20 gold every 5 hits, plus the fact that every time a teammate kills something near you, you'll get like 20% of the gold amount. So if you let yourself get hit, you'll get gold from the hits, and from the fact that your teammate got the last hits. In the end you'll receive only a slighter amount of gold than your teammate, because you'll get the money and heal from the healing creeps (since you take the damage, you have to heal yourself).
This permits one very useful thing : since you're most of the time together, you won't be caught up alone by the two enemy junglers. You'll level almost as fast, but with an indeniable bonus : the safety.

But but but, if you're like me, you'll mostly play on solo queue, with unknown teammates. So this technique will not work. In solo queue, if you see your teammate starting with a Ironguard Contract, don't do it too because if the enemy is smart, the enemy junglers will buy offensive items, they'll have the upper hand and invade you (maybe even kill you if you can't escape in time).

So, to resume : one tank with an Ironguard Contract, another not tanky with an offensive item.

The rules-to-follow-if-you-can are :
1- Stick with your other jungler as most as you can. This will prevent you from being killed too much.
2- Don't ever do nothing. If there aren't any creeps in the jungle to kill, invade the enemy jungle or prepare for a gank in the lane.
3- Don't spend your whole time trying to kill heroes. Farm. Farming is important because it will bring most of the gold and experience.
4- Use the pings without toxicity, watch the map. Place mines in the bushes near the gold mine (to see when an enemy enters your jungle) and one behind the gold miner to see whenever the enemy team is trying to take it.
5- Help your laner whenever he is in need (when is pushed back to his turret for example). Don't leave him the whole time alone, except if he is kicking the other laner's butt. Always remember that is part of your team and as such, a personn to protect and help too.

Those are the most important rules I would say :)

Thanks for the time to give a fairly comprehensive explanation. I'm getting a little better at it, usually my fellow jungler just wants to sit on our side and farm away, so the problem isn't just me. I'm learning to adapt.

Kalaber
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved