Vainglory Forums

Karma and Other Amenities

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ouroboro » September 8, 2015 2:57am | Report
I don't know if it positioned everyone into Good Karma after the update, but all that hard work getting to karma level 20 pretty much died as soon as I was placed back into a karma tier without any bonus glory. I usually only play the game for my 3 daily wins, then I'm off to enjoy the rest of the day (work, food, sleep, and whatnot). Yes, I'll get my bonuses back as soon as I achieve Great Karma, but how many positive feedback must I obtain before I get the Karma upgrade? I've played the game since the last update and still rest on Good Karma. I don't AFK (thank you 'Do Not Disturb' feature and the generous amount of time I can play the game uninterrupted). I'm not a horrible player, which I stay in the positive with K/D 9 out of 10 matches (if not more). Basically, anything that your team or enemy could report you for (thumbs down) would not describe me in the least. The bonus might not be the biggest pot compared to your daily/weekly bonuses, but it adds up. I would actually rather enjoy a feature to this new Karma scheme that would allow you to see your progress towards Great Karma. At least I'll have an answer then instead of queuing a match one after another, day after day. I'm sure some sort of rant about this Karma scheme has already been said, but Karma bonuses are to reward the player for committing to a match, which is why I worked towards level 20 karma on the first place.

Now that Skye has been out for awhile, I'm glad to see that she's not in every match I queue up anymore. Yes, I bought her myself upon her release, but I'm not one of those who will select her, then instantly lock in my choice. I like to select my hero, then check out the rest of the team composition before making my final decision (shout out to those who select and lock in a hero whom somebody else had selected beforehand and waited to check team composition before locking her in, themselves. Annoying in it's prime). A good balance of WP and CP is great to keep the enemy priority guessing on who to defend against. Can't accomplish that when you lock in a hero who's basically only good for CP when someone already has another CP based hero on deck. Can it work, yes, but it's the easiest decision for the enemy to make in terms of which item to build for defense. Back on subject, I don't think Skye needs either a buff or nerf. Perfect hero for advanced players. She is not for beginners. Does she sting? Very much so. Does other heroes have an insane CP ability? Of course. She's just being called out upon the fact that she's new to the Fold and probably that a skillful player beat them down. Fortress is a beast early game. Nothing has been done with him, so I'd say why fix what's not broken? Love Fortress.

Seeing as we had an update full of buffs and nerfs (like every update), I usually see Rona on the field. That B she has really bites now. But I see a lot of animation bugs when moving about. I'm not getting any kind of lag notification on my screen during battle, but Skye and some others I've played seem to slide from point A to B. It doesn't happen long before it corrects itself, but it's rather freaky to look at. Legs are stiff as a board and sliding across the field. This hasn't happened to me before, so I wasn't sure if it was a bug in the update (which this, too, might have been mentioned). I've also had Skye facing a targetted enemy that has already died. Moving away from the downed enemy didn't work. Only targeting another minion/hero seemed to have done the trick (probably belongs in some sort of feedback/bugs forum).

Anyway, just a bit of a rant and some random (seemingly common lately) occurrences. I still love the ping muting button. It has kept my sanity unhindered. Nothing like the wonderful composition of unnecessary pings filling the Fold. Makes a great background audio. One last thing, don't ping me question marks when I'm either across the map or low on energy, with little health to spare. I can not save you during your quest to take on the entire enemy team. Map awareness. There should be a map awareness week somewhere during the year to show everyone its importance. Fight the ignorances. Mines, flares, and Contraption are great, too. Tired of someone "Roaming" deciding to focus on their end game build (major tunnel vision) rather than vision for the team. So, I have to use the gold used to carry in order to provide what was lacked. RIP 6th slot.

Happy hunting, people. Maybe we'll meet each other in the Fold.
IGN: Ouroboro

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War-

Ouroboro
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » September 8, 2015 10:26am | Report
Skye has turned out to be pretty bad.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheManTheMythTheLegend » September 11, 2015 4:28pm | Report
I second that. They have to buff her in the next update to make her playable.
IGN - KillerInstincts
Skill Tier - Simply Amazing Gold *Before Compression :(*
Main - Skaarf, Joule, Catherine
Alts - Glaive, Taka
"You can't get got; you gotta go get. If you get got you can't go get, but if you go get its hard to get got."

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ouroboro » September 13, 2015 3:10am | Report
I would say maybe a bit more range. Make it an even 6. I'll be content with that. It's hard to lane with someone who is outraged by every ranged hero in the collection. She's squishy and harassed in lane.
IGN: Ouroboro

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War-

Ouroboro
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved