Vainglory Forums

KNOW YOUR POSITION

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by SamuraiJack » May 22, 2016 12:22pm | Report
Hello everyone. Just a few thoughts on VG strategy that may be helpful for the beginners and/or the unaware:

1. If you pick Lane make sure you are laning not jungling. I know this sounds obvious but too many people mark jungle and then end up in lane or vice versa. Laners are usually squishy (ringo, kestrel, vox...) so when you go into a team fight situation, don't run into the fray, instead wait and shoot from a distance. If you run into a fray, you will die first...100% of the time if the other team is decent. Initiating and running into a team fight is usually done by your tank/roamer.
2. Roam usually means you are going to build a bit tanky so you can take the hit for the group. Why choose Catherine as a roamer (not jungler or laner) and then try to build CP or WP. Play the role.
(usual roamers are Phinn, Arden, Catherine... sometime Glaive and Adagio)
Possible build: Warhorn, fountain of renewal, Crucible, and a defense to start... you want to grab items that will benefit the whole team cause you are a support.
3. If you are a laner don't over extend ... you are gonna get ganked. Otherwise buy a mine trap (50g) and lay some out so you know when the enemy is waiting to gank you. When you get ganked, you are feeding the enemy gold.
4. After the first turret is down on your enemy side or your side, laning becomes more dangerous so be very very careful. I would suggest learning to have the enemy minions near your turret so you won't get ganked easily or follow your group around as a team.
5. Don't try to fight 2v3 - you will lose if you are the two. Or 1v2 - again you will lose if you are the "1".
6. Play as a team, don't be soloing around and neglecting your team because the whole game will be lost.
7. Don't give up! Finish until the end. Don't give up cause your team got wiped a few time. One of the fun part of VG is that one good fight can turn the game around. Enjoy! Hope that helps.

SamuraiJack
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » May 23, 2016 8:50am | Report
SamuraiJack wrote:

Hello everyone. Just a few thoughts on VG strategy that may be helpful for the beginners and/or the unaware:

1. If you pick Lane make sure you are laning not jungling. I know this sounds obvious but too many people mark jungle and then end up in lane or vice versa. Laners are usually squishy (ringo, kestrel, vox...) so when you go into a team fight situation, don't run into the fray, instead wait and shoot from a distance. If you run into a fray, you will die first...100% of the time if the other team is decent. Initiating and running into a team fight is usually done by your tank/roamer.
2. Roam usually means you are going to build a bit tanky so you can take the hit for the group. Why choose Catherine as a roamer (not jungler or laner) and then try to build CP or WP. Play the role.
Possible build: Warhorn, fountain of renewal, Crucible, and a defense to start... you want to grab items that will benefit the whole team cause you are a support.
3. If you are a laner don't over extend ... you are gonna get ganked. Otherwise buy a mine trap (50g) and lay some out so you know when the enemy is waiting to gank you. When you get ganked, you are feeding the enemy gold.
4. After the first turret is down on your enemy side or your side, laning becomes more dangerous so be very very careful. I would suggest learning to have the enemy minions near your turret so you won't get ganked easily or follow your group around as a team.
5. Don't try to fight 2v3 - you will lose if you are the two. Or 1v2 - again you will lose if you are the "1".
6. Play as a team, don't be soloing around and neglecting your team because the whole game will be lost.
7. Don't give up! Finish until the end. Don't give up cause your team got wiped a few time. One of the fun part of VG is that one good fight can turn the game around. Enjoy! Hope that helps.

Put this in a guide, not on the general forum. And most of this is COMPLETLY obvious

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SamuraiJack » May 23, 2016 9:24am | Report
problem is that obvious is not common practice for many. Obvious yes... but obviously not followed by many players.

SamuraiJack
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kryzis » May 23, 2016 2:25pm | Report
SamuraiJack wrote:

problem is that obvious is not common practice for many. Obvious yes... but obviously not followed by many players.

I have to agree. A lot of what is obvious to long time players isn't to beginners. It gets frustrating when people pick a position and then don't play it. Makes the round harder and a lot less fun for everyone. Except the opposing team I guess.

Kryzis
Quote | PM | +Rep by jslawler » May 25, 2016 1:51am | Report
SamuraiJack wrote:

I completely agree with everything you have said here, a lot of it is not common sense and comes with experience. In a perfect world everyone would research and study the roles, unfortunately like every game this does not happen. There does however seem to be a higher percentage of higher skilled players in this game compared to many others like it though which is a good sign.

jslawler
Quote | PM | +Rep by KingNekogon » June 5, 2016 8:50am | Report
Agree with absolutely everything here... Except I would have to say that I HAVE won 1v2s before, with me as the 1 when jungle. It's more common in the early or mid game when I'm playing a hero who can handle it (Krul at level 3-6) against opponents that can't (I love fighting Adagio/Blackfeather roam/jungle comp). It all depends on team comp, and tactics, of which as Krul I can set up an ambush for a non-tanky jungle/roam team after they've taken a bit of damage and invade by level 2 or 3. Just had a game like that last night actually, dominated the Glaive/Blackfeather team almost from the get-go with Krul (our Cath had to help our iffy Skaarf deal with a pretty good Ringo, lane-babysitting, how underappreciated) and got like 3K gold more than anyone that game. Again, a combination of continuous jungling, ambush tactics, regular rotation up to the lane to terrify Ringo, wound up separating and dividing the opponent, and almost no one checks the thin line of bushes two up from the minion miner, ha!

But over all, I'd agree. I'd never try that with Koshka!

KingNekogon
Quote | PM | +Rep by OneMoreGame3 » June 11, 2016 1:32pm | Report
another kind of idiots is when they choice the same place with you and they come to stole the your farm.usualy nobody go roam.they just pick jungle or lane like you and is sucks when you dont have roam and when one idiot stole all the gold and super ***** dont make enything

OneMoreGame3
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » June 11, 2016 4:36pm | Report
OneMoreGame3 wrote:

another kind of idiots is when they choice the same place with you and they come to stole the your farm.usualy nobody go roam.they just pick jungle or lane like you and is sucks when you dont have roam and when one idiot stole all the gold and super ***** dont make enything

You must be very low tier

vikings102
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved