Vainglory Forums

Koshka's ultimate broken?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » November 4, 2015 5:07pm | Report
Hey I was just wondering why I can't use koshka's ultimate on the gold miner,turrets or the kracken? I'm wondering if this is intentional or just a glitch that needs to be fixed and is anyone else experience problems with their characters ultimate being used on those particular things? Thanks

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » November 4, 2015 6:30pm | Report
Part of the 1.10 update. It is a good idea to read through the update notes to keep current with the changes in gameplay.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » November 5, 2015 7:01pm | Report
I have read through the patch notes/changes made to VG in 1.10 and I still did not find any notes on restricting Koshka's ultimate to only hero's or certain NPC's. If you have a more in-depth version that does explain it could you please give me the reference to it so I can review it. Thank you.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DrakenMythik » November 6, 2015 8:44am | Report
From the Patch Notes:

Koshka's Yummy Catnip Frenzy

"Can now only be used on enemy heroes."

This was so you didn't waste it on minions when trying to hit a hero.

http://www.vainglorygame.com/news/update-1-10-notes-guild-rewards-celeste-skin-and-more/

DrakenMythik
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » November 8, 2015 10:46am | Report
Thank you for taking the time to post this info for me.

I do not believe it to be fair nor do I believe that the people at VG are so incompetent that they would remove an entire abilities use on NPCS to the simple fact that someone would accidentally misclick/mistap a minion. If that was the case why didn't they remove everyone's ultimate or skill from being accidently used on minions or turrets? The reason they didn't because people use their ultimates to clear waves of minions if they are getting over with them because for whatever reason their lane person died or they want to use it on turret/kraken. Most ultimates cause extensive damage on top of the arsenal already provided from the basic attacks/skills.

I never had any major issues with accidentally activating my ultimate on a minion or turret that I didn't intend to use it on. In 1,500 total games that i've played thus far that has probably only happened 3-5 times.... So to me that just doesn't make any sense and is a very poor excuse if it happens to be true, perhaps those people should learn how to calibrate tablet/Ipad/phone and they won't experience that issue. I can almost say with 100% certainty that in 99% of the cases it is probably the issue or them just being careless. I don't see the need to take something away/limit abilities from a hero's tool box because a few people can't grasp the concept of how to use good judgement and pay attention to what they are doing. In short people in general need to stop catering to idiots.... All that work invested into making those changes could have been time instead spent on real issues that are broken in the game. Fixing bugs on the map like getting hung up on the rocks/going the other direction when you clearly ping in the opposite direction on the map or just simply having more time to dedicate to skins for hero's... we all love them and enjoy them. It wasn't like the skill was bugged it was working as intended and it should still work that way.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DrakenMythik » November 9, 2015 2:44pm | Report
So I agree with you on most of your points. Just putting things into perspective that they were trying to stop Koshka's from self stunning themselves. I personally used to use my ult on Kraken when the enemy was not around. But, effectively if you missed an ultimate with Koshka, you stunned yourself for 2.2 seconds during the cast, which is a lot worse than other heroes missing ultimates. This change also came in with Koshka's ultimate channel being stopped after being Reflex Blocked. So, I assume they were going down the same line of thinking by removing it from NPCs.

So maybe next patch, we can get them to allow it on certain objective minions and help the noobs out by not allowing it on the lane minions. Either way, just don't miss with it, like you said.

DrakenMythik

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved