Vainglory Forums

Lag... Too much lag...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » December 15, 2014 3:31pm | Report
Vegeta, what does the scouter says about his lagging power ? It's over 9000 !

More seriously, how many of my games have been destroyed due to the lag ? I whish I could say but it's impossible. I recreated the last one in the training mode and I swear this is not fake (I was literally playing the training mode to see if the lag scene would happen again, but I was expecting a 1000 or 2000 ms lag, not such a result).

I have 212 victories for my level 18 karma, but too many games destroyed by this lag...
What about you guys ?
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Necromotic » December 18, 2014 2:07am | Report
Same here... I sometimes lose a lot of team battles due to lag. Spikes over 400 all the way up to 12000 once
Love to lane
Main: SAW, Ringo
Decent: Glaive

Necromotic
Quote | PM | +Rep by SavageMoor » May 18, 2015 9:32am | Report
I play on an iPad Retina Mini in continental USA, midwest region, near a large high-tech metropolitan area. I am Karma Level 18. My wifi is an Asus RT-AC87 operating on either a totally free 5GHz channel or a 2GHz channel with distant interference. I used an Ubiquiti spectrum analyzer to view the WiFi spectrum to map my area. My ISP is Comcast over hardline cable. MY 3G/LTE provider is AT&T. I also have access to AT&T U-Verse over DSL.

All three providers using Speedtest.net are stable. The Comcast routinely runs 10Mb/sec download and 4Mb/sec upload. AT&T U-Verse is throttled and stable throughput right at the throttling limit. 3G and LTE are always stable.

Wifi on the iPad on either 5GHz or 2GHz are stable, reliably running streaming, Pandora, apps, cloud storage, downloads, or any other high-bandwidth transactions.

However, VainGlory regularly lags using ALL THREE PROVIDERS. I ran some diagnostics by routing my iPad's wifi through a local hotspot generated on a Linux laptop (running Kali) and sniffing the network traffic. The routing over Comcast and AT&T U-verse were different, suggesting that the Vainglory severs were being reached differently through the Comcast or AT&T systems.

My conclusion is the bottleneck is the Vainglory servers themselves, or the local routing to the Vainglory servers. Experiencing lag through multiple independent internet ISPs that don't share a common bottleneck suggests that (1) both ISPs have their own bottlenecks that lag Vainglory but don't lag other higher bandwidth connections (i.e. cloud drives or streaming video), or (2) the bottleneck is at the terminus (Vainglory servers).

This weekend (May 16-17) was particularly bad. I ganked a few enemies "standing around" (their characters were experiencing lag), and I was ganked plenty of times while I was lagged. Seeing other players also lagged ("standing around") showed I wasn't the only one. Several players went AFK this weekend, and at Karma Level 18, this isn't normal. Gameplay was so bad, I got knocked down two tiers (from Gold to Bronze). It simply wasn't worth playing.

SavageMoor
Quote | PM | +Rep by Rams92 » May 29, 2015 5:22am | Report
I feel like lag spikes come when the enemy team needs them to.. Maybe there are cheaters..? Maybe I'm just sh**
Krul
Simply Amazing soon to be Vainglorious.
Team GB

I can feel a nerf coming...

Rams92
Quote | PM | +Rep by Almustafa » May 29, 2015 9:15pm | Report
I just experienced 10,000ms of lag!!! Totally new to me. Did the 1.5 patch kick it up or something? I was playing at a university campus as well, with the best wifi in the area.

Almustafa

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved