Vainglory Forums

Laner's Priorities..?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kaihara_ » September 23, 2015 2:06am | Report
I'm Kaihara, an SA Gold Vainglory player. I main CP Vox, and do well when I feed well and build items as soon as possible. To do so, it can consist of lane minion kills or hero bounty gold. What I want to know from the pros is, when there is a massive minion wave coming on my lane, and I mean 500+ gold in minions. Meanwhile, there is a jungle skirmish going down near the jungle shop. I most likely haven't bought, and the fight doesn't seem to be breaking off. Do I abandon the lane and the guaranteed 500+ gold farm, or go down to help the junglers fight, possibly ending in an early triple kill or a snowball in which the enemy takes control of a few of our camps. Although, if we win, it could result in the same happening to the enemy team, along with a 300+ gold bounty total. Which do I prioritize? I find that if I stay in lane, I get farmed well but end up being flamed, or going to jungle and having a fair chance of turning the tides without buying. Please answer, and thank you.
IGN: Kaihara
Skill Tier: POA Bronze
Wins: 1000+
Main: Blackfeather
Also great with: Glaive, Ringo, Vox, Ardan

Kaihara_
Quote | PM | +Rep by DemiG0D9 » September 23, 2015 12:39pm | Report
In my opinion as a laner you should last hit and be map aware of your fellow junglers. Since you do play vox his clear time is relatively fast so its easy to clear and rotate down. If you feel there will be a fight breaking out soon and your junglers are headed to the shop, try pushing the lane as quick as you can or stalling it in the middle so you can help your junglers in a team fight. Knowing your junglers farm rotation can really help you determine when to assist your junglers in a team fight. Even your presence in a 3v2 if the enemy laner didn't rotate will ensure that the enemy team doesn't engage. I hope I helped you answer your question to the best of my ability

DemiG0D9
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » September 24, 2015 8:50am | Report
Laner should always assist in jungle skirmishes. If your teammates are wiped, they are no longer farming and your jungle is probably going to get stolen or the gold mine will be stolen. Conversely, if you go and assist and wipe there jungle crew, your team will benefit from getting the bounty on killing enemy heroes along with slowing their farming and stealing their camps. A solid team will always battle in group, giving the highest chances of success. You have to remember that while you may be farming and raking in the gold, but your teammates are having their butts handed to them, your team will not be able to keep up with gold and will be swamped by a much better equipped enemy.

If you are having good communication with your team, use the question mark ping to ask if they need help. Hopefully you will get a quick response telling you one way or the other. The pings will tell you if your team just happened to bump into them down there and are going to head back to their camps. If you are in the jungle and you get into a fight, use the pings to call down your laner. These work great, but need to be used quick since most jungle skirmishes end pretty quickly.

I would never choose farming over helping my team. That is a good way to get your junglers to ping the **** out of you for not helping (especially if they die), and won't foster good team work for the rest of the match.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by xDeletex » September 25, 2015 2:36am | Report
It depends...
If you're fast enough to help with 2vs2 fights, go help and go fast. Taking control of the jungle is too important for not to help....
If they already taking hard hits 3vs2 (enemylaner is already there), or you see that you can't change the outcome of the fight,leave it. You' re most likely too late and help you're enemy for an ace.

You're teammates probably won't understand and ping you, but in some situations, it's the best you can do... You might destroy a turret by doing so...

xDeletex
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved