Vainglory Forums

level of players in a party

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by esonika » May 22, 2015 4:31am | Report
Hi everyone,

I'm playing this game for months now. It is like a hobby to me and I really really enjoy vainglory. There is only one issue that really bugs me and I am well aware that it is a problem for many players out there.  Yes you guessed right: matching system.

I am not some kind of snob who thinks he/she is superior but the others are simply idiots. I know I am definitely not one of good players out there but still matching mechanics makes me itchy. It is really annoying to have an unfair game. I belive such a game with huge player base should  have some sort of  early warning system for all players in a party. That would make a huge difference on expectations. For example I am going back and forth between pretty good and hotness. If there is someone “SA” or someone “Not-Bad” in my party I would like to know it. It may effect my character choice, my playing style, everything. If the user level is low, I may expect that player not checking the mini-map as often as it should be checked. Then I would be much more cautious in the forest. If there is a “Simply Amazing” carry in my team I would happily select a tank hero without worries on “who will damage?”.

Being able to see the party member levels would bring a great insight but what makes hit greater? Being able to see if the player is trying a new hero. Yes, I would like to warn party-members when I am new to an hero. For example, lately I am trying Celeste and I suck at it. My stuns never stuns, my balls are just spending mana etc. I played her in practice mode then I played her on a new account with other players. However it is very different to play a hero in a ranked-match. Ok I am learning a new hero, but isn’t it unfair to other players in my team. Maybe they have seen a superior Celeste and have similar expectations of me. Rather than selecting “way”, “forest” I would like to select “novice”, “expected”.

I know none of those suggestions have the power of perfecting matching system but maybe it may decrease the disappointment for all of us.

With expectation “SA” players are not handing over their IPADs to their children,

esonika
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 22, 2015 10:13pm | Report
There's talk on the main VG forums that they'll be introducing new modes of play - specifically casual play and bot play, which might alleviate the issue of people familiarizing themselves with new characters with their rankings at stake. Unfortunately SEMC seems to be keeping mum about the exact details of the features...
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved