Vainglory Forums

Little help? Ping x Ping

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Splintermaster » April 2, 2015 9:12am | Report
I've been playing since before new pings, Love this game.
I can use the map pings, "avoid" or "move there", mini map if out of range.
The new "thumbs up", "smiley face", "buy you a beer", are great.

I keep seeing pings in game like, "Petel icon" my hero x "Julie icon", or
"blank icon" x "Julie Icon" or "blank icon"x "mine symbol icon". In a different game
one was "every body symbol" x "Saw icon". Saw killed all takers.

Any help info on where to find these "player icon symbols" and or how to use them would be
greatly appreciated.

P.s. I recently won a, 2 vs 3, game with Chelse and me Taka. She kept using ? to locate me.
To my surprise we did well, That ? Mark wotked great but I knew what she ment, I think.
We are not supposed to use gamer tags but that dude was awsome.

VIctory !!!

Splintermaster
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » April 3, 2015 4:42am | Report
If I'm understanding correctly, those icons simply are just telling you who sends the pings. If it's two characters in the alert, it tells you who killed who.
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Splintermaster » April 3, 2015 8:04am | Report
Thanks that makes sence, that's who made the kill , got it.
Thanks

Splintermaster
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Splintermaster » April 7, 2015 6:54am | Report
That is what I was trying to say. I thought there was a way to use hero icons as squad comands.

I was Petal dead at base, killed in battle by Julie. The icon cathrine x Julie came up. I thought
that was a team mate saying that Cathy should be the one attacking Julie. I was confused
becouse if it was a comment/comand I would have wanted to be able to use the same comands
like Taka x Julie, awsome right, but Taka should allready know that. Thanks for clearing
that up, x means kills not commands. I would hate dumb commands anyway, a
disgruntled Taka pointed me into a two man ambush bush, real funny prick.

Thanks

Splintermaster
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » April 7, 2015 7:17am | Report
That is correct. So in your Cathrine x Joule example, your teammate Catherine killed the enemy Joule. The game was just alerting everyone as to who just got killed and by whom.

Yeah, the commands get iffy at times. Some games I had teammates pinging caution, which to me meant stay away since it might be an ambush. Too late did I realize they wanted us to engage the enemy there. I wish they'd bring back the red 'avoid' ping.
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved