Vainglory Forums

Losing match penalty too heavy

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Rachellaaa » November 1, 2015 4:02am | Report
I personally feel that the penalty or rank drop when you lose a ranked match is far too much. I was at the borderline of "Not Bad" bronze and due to one AFK member I dropped 1 bar back to "Getting There" gold borderline. In order for me to reach "Not Bad" I had to play more than 1 match as each match would only fill up 1/3 of a bar. I found it frustrating as the proportionality for losing one match in "Not Bad" rank is unfair. Logically, if I lost one match , it should by logic take me 1 match to get to "Not Bad" rank, instead of 2 or 3. Does anyone agree with me? 😂 (it also seems like I'm stuck at a tier forever :( )

Rachellaaa
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dougi » November 1, 2015 10:03am | Report
I feel you! Something weird on my game is that the bar doesn't fill. I just see the rank change.

Dougi
Quote | PM | +Rep by 0ki7o » November 1, 2015 11:10am | Report
The rank is just a representation of how many wins you get over losses. If you get penalized less than getting rewarded, the higher ranks would just get filled with people that aren't really that good.
Server: NA
Guild: Apocalypse Guild
Main: Ardan(S), Skye(L)
Practicing: Skaarfungandr, Blackfeather, Krul
Tier: Hotness

0ki7o
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheManTheMythTheLegend » November 1, 2015 11:47am | Report
The ranking system is completely fair. If you dropped a lot after a loss, it means that you were facing people who were at much lower ranks than you. Meanwhile, if you only climbed a little after a victory, it means you were still facing much lower ranks. The system works in a way that if you face harder people, you will rise much faster when you win, but if you face easier people, you will barely move up after a victory.
IGN - KillerInstincts
Skill Tier - Simply Amazing Gold *Before Compression :(*
Main - Skaarf, Joule, Catherine
Alts - Glaive, Taka
"You can't get got; you gotta go get. If you get got you can't go get, but if you go get its hard to get got."

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » November 2, 2015 1:36pm | Report
I was just playing a Ranked match and lost half a xp bar if not more because 2 people just decided to quit and stand in the starting area.. so how is that fair to me? and by the way those 2 people were both very inexperienced in playing their role which was why I put a post up about regulating/restricting people who can play ranked matches until they meet a minimum standard so they have a good grasp or fundamental understanding of the game and the characters they choose to play. It is going to probably take me 3-5 matches if not more to just get back to where I was that's approximately 2 hours if not more.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » November 2, 2015 6:50pm | Report
I think that it's fair for higher ranked people, but not fair for lower ranked people. Since the Compression squished people in some skill tiers together, there is the chance that you will play with someone who has less experience - because before the compression, they would've been a tier lower.

Higher ranked it's okay because all that changed was that they were one skill tier lower. Only the lower ranked were greatly affected.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved