Vainglory Forums

#MakeVaingloryGreatAgain!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Juanit0 » December 23, 2019 6:28am | Report
*Why I'm Writing this Thread

I've been playing Vainglory for quite a while now. When I started playing, the home screen background picture was the "Rebellion Celeste" skin art, just to give perspective for how long I've been playing. Vainglory is a great game, one I can pick up anytime and play for hours. No other mobile MOBA can even compare to the game in terms of graphics, functionality, and overall gameplay. It is my appreciation for the game that leads me to write this thread. I fear that the game is on a downhill slope, heading for the grave.

Why do I feel this way? Well, from my time playing the game lately, I've been able to pick up on a few things. For example, day after day, I get into games with the exact same players, game after game. This leads me to believe that there aren't many players on the game. Something else that makes me feel this way is the loading time to find games. I've been waiting for ten minutes at a time before. Something else I've noticed is the bugs in the game that have been there for quite a while. For example, the wall clipping in 5v5. Many players I've talked with have been experiencing this bug since the release of 5v5, and it is still not fixed. I feel there are quite a few things that can help improve this game and keep it in the running for great MOBA games. With League of Legends coming to mobile soon, I feel something needs to be done to keep Vainglory alive.

This game at one point had eSports teams behind it, had more traffic, had more Youtubers playing it, and more players loving it. Over the years, these things have dwindled, and is hanging on by a thread. I don't want this game to die, I want to see this game thrive, because I know that it has the potential to. I want to see the game become as big as it should be. For this reason, I have come up with a few things that I feel will help make Vainglory great again!

*How to #MakeVaingloryGreatAgain
    Items
    Hero Spotlights
    Bug Fixes
    Hero Balancing

Here are somethings that can be done to help improve the game and make it great again. For one (and most importantly in my opinion), this game ABSOLUTELY NEEDS MORE ITEMS!! This is must have for this game. Here's why, for the role you play, whether it be tank, lane, or jungle, it always feels like the exact same thing, over and over and over and over. This is because we as player have to buy the same items over and over. It doesn't matter which hero you play, it all feels the same. This makes the game not as exciting and easily burns players out. The game needs to have an overhaul of items in one of the next updates. Personally, I'd be happy if they brought back old items like Gauntlet, or War Horn, Echo, or any of the old items. If only one thing is to be done in this game, it HAS TO BE this, more items. This alone will make the game feel so much more new and exciting. For me, it'd bring the same excitement that the 5v5 release brought.

Something else that can be done is redoing the 'Hero Spotlights". Some of them are pretty outdated. For example, Blackfeather's A ability, "Feint of Heart", no longer leaves a trail behind the opponent that speeds Blackfeather up, but the spotlight still says that it does. Let's say someone wanted to play him, thinking that he still has this ability. Once they see that he doesn't have this ability anymore, that player is likely to lose interest in the game. For this reason, ALL the characters need to have their spotlight done again. Even if a character has all the correct abilities, I feel that all the spotlights should be done over. They should be done over to match the 5v5 mode. All heroes that came with 3v3 have a 3v3 spotlight. I feel it would be better if they were done with the 5v5 because that is what most people are playing in the game. This way, players get a better idea on how to player their role.

Another thing that can help the game is bug fixes. Plenty of people complain that the game doesn't run correctly for them. Some people can't even play after the download. This is not only losing the game players, but potential revenue as well. Another bug is the wall clipping/rubber banding that I talked about earlier. It has been in 5v5 since it dropped and has yet to be fixed. I don't believe this to be a connection issue because it ONLY happens when running near a wall, and sometimes turrets. Also, hit boxes are an issue, just ask Magnus. It is most clear for him, for all his abilities. They just go right through heroes, and even minions. These bug fixes, among any others, are keeping the game back. These fixes with help improve the game and keep players involved.

The last point I will make is for hero balancing. I know that almost every patch tries to change up the meta and balance heroes. This is great, it shows that the devs are paying attention to the game. Even still, in my opinion as a long time player, they aren't balancing them fairly. Some characters get nerfed that didn't need it, while those that need it are left alone. Maybe this is just me ranting, but hear me out. As the game stands, some of the jungle heros are much too strong. I know they are there to give the teams an edge, but they are far too unbalanced. If anything, almost all the jungles need a rework. Same goes for tank/support heroes. Some of them just get completely melted in team fights. I would know, tank/support is my main role. For example, a fully built Phinn should not be gone as soon as he enters a team fight. Unfortunately, that is what happens. Tanks/support heroes need a rework. As for laners, they are just fine in my opinion. From playing in the lane as well, I feel as though they are fairly balanced. If anything is needed to be said about them, it would be that there are enough of them, and not enough tank/support heroes (yes I know that one just released, but the game could still use more). On the contrary, I'd be fine if they settled down on adding characters, and added more items instead.

In Conclusion

So, let's go over what can be done to help this game. Items (a must have), new 5v5 Hero Spotlights, bug fixes, and better hero balancing. All these things are what I feel will make the game great again, like it used to be when 5v5 dropped. I feel like the game was at it's peak at that point, but as slowly dropped since. I don't know if this thread will reach any ears of someone who can make changes, but screw it, all these things needed to be said anyway. If these things are done, the #MakeVaingloryGreatAgain and come true!

Juanit0
Quote | PM | +Rep by TFDeathRay » December 23, 2019 8:20pm | Report
I agree with this, but it doesn't just stop there. I went on a pretty long hiatus with Vainglory after I had to start focusing on other things, but I always lurked around vainglory every now and then to see what they changed. Though I haven't been around in a while, I can see that they changed more than I can recognize (I left right before 5v5 came out), but there were still a few things that barely changed at all. The UI is completely different from what I recognize, especially the shop (I think it's too cluttered and for the hero section, the pictures are too big), the items, however, got around 6 new items the last time I saw it (That's saying something especially when the last time I was around Echo was still a thing). I haven't played a match yet, so I might try later, but overall I definitely agree with what you are saying there are many changes that need to be made, but I'm not really sure how Rogue and SEMC are going to tackle all the issues you mentioned, if they even decide to tackle them.

Real footage of me hiding in a bush, waiting for the 1/13/2 Celeste. Circa(2017)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TFDeathRay
Notable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved