Vainglory Forums

Merciless Automatic Heros??

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bellafly » February 17, 2015 11:37pm | Report
Hey guys, so recently I've been playing Vainglory with all of these "heroes" that have a automatic trigger. They literally look like there glitching (going back and forth and aiming at the target). I'm not sure if this is a new "cheat" or if something is wrong with the "hero" but I'm pretty sure that Saw (main hero) Adagio, Petal and Ringo can't all have the same glitch.

-Note: It also seems to be the range Heros!!!

If you guys can shad some light into this matter, to clarify some things, it would be super duper helpful!
Bellafly

Bellafly
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » February 18, 2015 4:42am | Report
It's called "stutter stepping" and it depends on skill to tap on the terrain and the hero in quick succession, to allow the hero to keep on shooting while moon walking away from the enemy. That's why you only see it on ranged heroes. The devs will try to address it in future updates, but it will be more related to how difficult it will be to pull out, instead of removing it completely as it's a buggy feature other MOBAs also have (as far as I understand).
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » February 18, 2015 4:46am | Report
Here's a very complete thread about it, if you wish to read more :)

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/general-discussion/stutter-step-4877
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » February 18, 2015 6:44am | Report
There's a great tutorial on it on YouTube by ShinKaigen, but the gist of it is that right after the hero's attack is over, instead of waiting for the rest of the attack animation, players tap to move. This speeds up the amount of attacks someone can pull off. Having more attack speed makes stutter stepping more effective.

Stutter Stepping isn't going anywhere. While the devs will make it to where it's more consistent across the game, it's a skill based technique and thus something that will differentiate higher skilled players.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by peachyfuzz » February 25, 2015 10:39am | Report
You basically step to the side then auto again. You need some sort of attack speed to step then automatically shoot. BTW you step to the side then press on the enemy your attacking again its not like side step auto attack by itself.

I usually do it with Ringo and maybe WP Saw sometimes-.-
I dont play Petal or Adagio and i doubt it will make a difference if they are CP
Karma 15
Pro: Joule, Glaive, Koshka
In Game Name: peachyfuzz
add me braaah !!

peachyfuzz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved