Vainglory Forums

Minion mines

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Greg » May 10, 2015 1:49pm | Report
Guys please tell me minion mine in depth so i can prove my friend wrong
On taking minion mines

Greg
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 10, 2015 2:13pm | Report
Minion mines should not be taken until the late game, typically past the 15 minute mark when teams stop heavily relying on the turrets.

The problem with taking minion mines early is that your minions will kill the other team's minions faster. This forces you to go further out into the lane to get minion kills, thus overextending and getting killed. It's best to not secure the minion mines until lane play is at a minimum; that way your lane player can stay as close to the turret as possible while farming for maximum safety.

Also, the value of the minion mine kill goes up the longer it's been held, eventually maxing at 200 gold for a kill after the mine has been held by the other team or it hasn't been held period.

But overall, just avoid the thing till late game when you don't need turret safety as much and your team is sticking together to ensure safety.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 10, 2015 7:14pm | Report
Bootylicious is spot on. It's really easy to tell a jungler's skill level by seeing when they go for the minion mine.

Players who've just come up from the lower skill tiers are conditioned (somewhat) to go for the minion mine the moment it appears. "Why not! It's an objective! Did you not see the ping that popped up?!" Now suppose that there's an enemy WP Saw in lane who is at least Level 2, while your team's laner is a Vox. Here's what's going to happen:

1. All your minions move in more-or-less a straight line. They're now powered up, so they move a little faster and hit a little harder.
2. Saw marches into the lane and mumbles to himself "methinks I see a line of minions for the taking!"
3. Saw looks for the enemy laner, realizes that it's a Vox, and realizes that so long he's careful, he can out-range the Vox
4. Saw activates suppression fire and mows down the entire row of minions. Rinse and repeat a couple of times.
5. $$$$$$$$$
6. Saw goes back to base and realizes that he can buy a tier 3 WP item because he just made bank in the lane.
7. No more Vox.

A while later...

8. Enemy jungler thinks to themselves: "Dat enemy jungler be noob! Who takes a minion mine so early in game?"
9. Enemy jungler looks at the lane and realizes that because Saw was overpowered, he used Vox as lane Kleenex and proceeded to single-handedly destroy your first turret.
10. Enemy jungler invades your jungle, wipes out the same person who was so proud of capturing the minion mine, then steals your minion mine.

--

Yes, this is highly romanticized, but it's also a very real depiction of what goes on once you get to a certain level of play in the game.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » May 11, 2015 12:56pm | Report
Now if only everyone would read this...:)

Kismutt
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved