Vainglory Forums

Minion mines

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » June 4, 2015 6:42am | Report
For those of you that aren't aware, don't take minion mines just because they are there. Don't take them just because the enemy took theirs, or even yours. Always ask, put up a question mark over the spot. Your teamate running the lane will tell you if he needs the extra help. If you see the yellow caution triangle put over it, leave it alone.

Reasons to leave the minion mines alone.

1. if you take the minion mine and earn 80-200 gold, you are also giving the enemy extra gold per minion kill.

2. If the enemy minions are stronger, they push to our turret harder (allowing your teamate to stay safe by the turret), and they give more gold per kill.

While playing Vox or Celeste in the lane, I actually enjoy it if the enemy has both mines, extreme gold farming.....
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Willis » June 4, 2015 5:17pm | Report
Thank you! I run into this problem quite often! The first thing that happens when the minion mines appear is the junglers on my team go straight for it! I don't know when it became the norm to do this, but I sure wish it didn't!

Willis
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » June 4, 2015 8:27pm | Report
More gold is only if you control BOTH towers.
With 1 tower they are just stronger and give more exp.

So if you take mine and push enemy jungle then it may be worth it. You can push just to distract laner or if enemy laner is willing to stay in lane then you can kill enemy junglers. If enemy laner is distracted then he loses lane exp/gold "out of range" and you do some damage on tower.

If you take mine and stay in your own jungle then it is bad.

Also thing to mention if you focus on leveling "jungle" jungler (not roamer) then he can push lvl 6 by taking mine making invade to enemy jungle much likely to succeed. Because that mine creep gives like 50% of lvl 5.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by WereChihuahua » June 14, 2015 2:49am | Report
Read changelog For v 1.5
Once the first tower is down you must take your minion mine. It should be the choice of the laner. If he wants to play back and farm we don't take it until later when a turret has fallen or it is time to push the lane. Don't automatically take, but don't play like this is LoL or Dots either. Moving the creep front I to the enemy side is NOT a disadvantage like in those games.

WereChihuahua
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved