Vainglory Forums

Need suggestions for voice team chat programs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Soyo123 » October 1, 2015 8:26pm | Report
What are some good chat apps we should consider using now that guilds and teams are becoming more common? Also, is there an app that I can put on my phone that will run in the background so I can talk to my team without having to use my computer? Maybe VG could consider making this an in-game option for us.

Soyo123
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » October 3, 2015 11:21pm | Report
Hi, the guild I belong to uses Discord. It seems to work well.hope that helps...:)

Kismutt
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DrakenMythik » October 5, 2015 5:41am | Report
Band is the other popular option. I have never used either. Let us know how they work.

DrakenMythik
Quote | PM | +Rep by chiptees » October 6, 2015 11:01pm | Report
theres always mumble, its less then a dollar for a server of your own, and it runs in the background while you play.

chiptees
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 8, 2015 1:48pm | Report
I don't really want an in-game option for voice chat because when people get mad they yell really loud. Usually using demeaning language. It's better if they ping instead of yelling your ear off with cuss words. Plus, if my team MAKES my use the chat, my skill will decrease because I can't focus all my attention on my gameplay.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » October 28, 2015 6:44pm | Report
I suppose it depends on who you're playing with, but I have used discord with a few different players (people I don't personally know) and not once did I hear anyone swearing or do anything that I might have considered rude. I think for the most part we have a pretty nice player base!

Kismutt
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KuntFu » October 29, 2015 4:46am | Report
I use discord, but the mobile app really sucks unless someone is giving you an URL code. You need to go to the Actual website and set it up before jumping into the mobile app. Other then that it works really well.

Hopefully someone else has suggestions on one that..yknow...actually lets you simply add a friend list. It's quite annoying sometimes.

veniticius, I understand where you are coming from and having in game chat would be horrible. However for organized teams (as opposed to ransoms yelling and typing nonsense at you, which would suck..) it's pretty much the difference between win or lose.

Pinging is not enough. And while you can communicate surprisingly well with pings, to quickly setup tactics is another thing.

Example:

Was in a game as Joule, friend using Catherine. Our Krakken was going in the enemy base. All the commotion was surrounding the Krakken making its way for the last turret (which was almost done for) . I positioned my joule at the southernmost corner of the map adjacent to the enemy base to jump the wall and attack the vain crystal stealthily instead of going through the front where I would be killed. Trying to ping my Catherine to go to the front was impossible. She saw me just standing there and pinged me with question marks. Impossible.

Another quick example is when you need to setup advanced positioning to gank, and /or your cooldown is a few seconds down. There is no ping for "wait a few seconds"....instead your teammate will run in thinking you can use your ability and can't.

Bottom line is chatting, albeit with friends, makes the difference..

KuntFu
Quote | PM | +Rep by 0ki7o » November 2, 2015 3:00pm | Report
Teamspeak 3 is pretty standard.
Server: NA
Guild: Apocalypse Guild
Main: Ardan(S), Skye(L)
Practicing: Skaarfungandr, Blackfeather, Krul
Tier: Hotness

0ki7o
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » November 2, 2015 6:04pm | Report
I tried mumble, couldn't get it to work.
I've only used skype, it works, but if you're playing on a phone then a sensor can make your screen go black and unresponsive.

Halcius
Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved