Vainglory Forums

Need to work on logic and concept

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » March 29, 2015 10:48pm | Report
a few logics needed to add to communication.
Currently, message available in ping are only: go, avoid, laugh, ok, question mark,(pretty futile)
A whole new interface need to be designed for this, not only more logically crucial message in forms of ping, but also in forms of demonstration chart.(for example,looks like a card game, where system manage a set of cards to demonstrate correct strategy analysis and job division, according to the characters on each side of team, to serve as a guideline, while being alterable by players themselves to provide team strategical communication)
New interface including a set of logically crucial communication, for example:
1. Hey, my ultimate skill is on cool down, wait for cool down before engaging enemy.(Ping)
2. Don't engage yet, engaging when enemy disperse.(Ping)
3. I will lure, you two go attack enemies from their flank.(Ping)
4. Let's go for ambush, who is ready?(ping) Check, ultimate ready?(ping)Check. Job division: We need to use ultimate on which enemy? (Chart)Check. Stun which enemy? Check.(Chart)
5. Item decision, you buy this item to cancel that enemy? Check. You buy this item to heal our team? Check. (Chart)
6. Where is enemy? Can someone use flare?(Ping)check.
7. Don't go this way, go that way around toward enemy's back to steal kraken.(ping)
8. Who is responsible for taking out which enemy in solo?(chart) Check; who is to take out which enemy in team gank? (Chart)Check; Which enemy to focus on first and second and third,as priority in team gank? (Chart)Check; retreat for another opportunity?check.(ping)

Chart is a interface where system provide players optimal strategy, where players can agree upon.
Ping is a interface where more logical message need to be added to facilitate communication.
Without those detailed logic communication, strategical agreement, this game is arbitrarily random and rather strategically pointless.

Developer, If you can facilitate players better with strategical fact,as well as giving players choice of more logical communication, the game would be more logically fascinating, and would create less fallacy,less conflicts, less dark, and less miscommunication, but would create more structure, more construction, more light, more understanding.

Sincerely

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PlexSaber » March 30, 2015 8:31am | Report
Some of what you're trying to communicate to your teammates can already be achieved with the current ping system.

Quoted:
1. Hey, my ultimate skill is on cool down, wait for cool down before engaging enemy.

Use the "Group Up" ping on a bush and group up with your team, if they start moving, use the "Caution" Ping.

Quoted:
2. Don't engage yet, engaging when enemy disperse.

Use the "Caution" ping when you do not wish to engage, then when you see an opportunity, use the "Go" ping.

Quoted:
3. I will lure, you two go attack enemies from their flank.

Ping "On My Way" on the enemies, then use the "Go" ping on the direction you want your teammates to flank from.

Quoted:
7. Don't go this way, go that way around toward enemy's back to steal kraken.

Use the "Caution" ping, then use the "Go" ping in the direction in which you want your team to go.
IGN: PlexSaber
Server: SEA
Guide to Visual Indicators in Vainglory

PlexSaber
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » March 30, 2015 12:09pm | Report
Way too complicated.

Just play the game and enjoy the free ride.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » March 30, 2015 12:52pm | Report
Fedric wrote:

a few logics needed to add to communication.
Currently, message available in ping are only: go, avoid, laugh, ok, question mark,(pretty futile)
A whole new interface need to be designed for this, not only more logically crucial message in forms of ping, but also in forms of demonstration chart.(for example,looks like a card game, where system manage a set of cards to demonstrate correct strategy analysis and job division, according to the characters on each side of team, to serve as a guideline, while being alterable by players themselves to provide team strategical communication)
New interface including a set of logically crucial communication, for example:
1. Hey, my ultimate skill is on cool down, wait for cool down before engaging enemy.(Ping)
2. Don't engage yet, engaging when enemy disperse.(Ping)
3. I will lure, you two go attack enemies from their flank.(Ping)
4. Let's go for ambush, who is ready?(ping) Check, ultimate ready?(ping)Check. Job division: We need to use ultimate on which enemy? (Chart)Check. Stun which enemy? Check.(Chart)
5. Item decision, you buy this item to cancel that enemy? Check. You buy this item to heal our team? Check. (Chart)
6. Where is enemy? Can someone use flare?(Ping)check.
7. Don't go this way, go that way around toward enemy's back to steal kraken.(ping)
8. Who is responsible for taking out which enemy in solo?(chart) Check; who is to take out which enemy in team gank? (Chart)Check; Which enemy to focus on first and second and third,as priority in team gank? (Chart)Check; retreat for another opportunity?check.(ping)

Chart is a interface where system provide players optimal strategy, where players can agree upon.
Ping is a interface where more logical message need to be added to facilitate communication.
Without those detailed logic communication, strategical agreement, this game is arbitrarily random and rather strategically pointless.

Developer, If you can facilitate players better with strategical fact,as well as giving players choice of more logical communication, the game would be more logically fascinating, and would create less fallacy,less conflicts, less dark, and less miscommunication, but would create more structure, more construction, more light, more understanding.

Sincerely

ok this is the last thread i want to ever read from you im not trying to be mean or anything im just being honest you really need to just get off these forums and just play the game if you dont like it then dont play it we dont wanna hear all your *****ing on here and your demands that will never be put into place the way you like and you will continue to ***** on so plz just stop posting here and leave
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » March 30, 2015 2:31pm | Report
Thanks for your reply. Let's talk about it,
First of all, I'm sure you are talking about friend game, where you have been together many times and established rapport by mutual awareness, without largely replying on any particular system of communication to communicate.
But with many different people including strangers, especially lots of new players, I'm really not sure if message can be precisely and unmistakably conveyed with combination of current pings.

Secondly, I'm sure you are talking about the effect of your message, which acts as a mere command, but not necessarily let them know the most important part of your message, which is your intention and your reason behind it, and whether they being valid or not.
Therefore a lot of players should be concerned about this:
Should everyone command others without communicating reason or appeared validity at all? No, because it is just barbaric, not mentioning there are lots of new players and players who are bad, command ping as only way of communication is, as always, not wisest idea to facilitate communication in current environment where there are lots of new player and players who are bad.

Instead of giving sole command, everyone should give suggestion with reason and intention, which others can understand and decide whether or not to agree after evaluation. Because communicating reason and intention is more constructive than giving only action command.

So in order to be able to communicate reasons and intention, we need new interface creating clear definition and concept, instead of just action command.

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » March 31, 2015 7:02am | Report
Sometimes ambiguity is a good thing.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by flysolo817 » April 1, 2015 10:37am | Report
Imagine you playing VG on an iphone 6 +, the screen is not that big. Adding these many buttons to the screen will only cause more chaos than help. I agree with Plexsaber, many of things you mentioned could be done with the current ping buttons already.

If SEMC takes you advice, people with fat fingers will quit...

flysolo817
Quote | PM | +Rep by vocareadregnum » April 2, 2015 6:50am | Report
i have personally experienced teaming with players that cant or couldnt have the damn patience to ambush , in spite of having control over both minion mines which victory is guaranteered . Alas , these ******s would rather taunt around the enemy openingly till they got themselves killed in the process and resulting in kraken being seized by the enemy . Eventually , we lost and i have to forced to rate them thumbs down as "low skill" due to anger .

vocareadregnum
Quote | PM | +Rep by HeavyHitter » April 12, 2015 1:54am | Report
I agree with you about improving the message ping. Maybe some new symbols can be added in regards to specific in-game events that every player will encounter. I often find myself wanting to tell my teammates some information of crucial importance only to get gank'd while trying to find a way to say it. Albeit not often but because of this reason I personally do not see how one can improve the system without completely changing it. The all important screen presses in the User Interface are competing in regards to gameplay and communication. I feel like the simplicity of the buttons are the best you can get short of adding a voice chat system but then you could just use ventrillo or teamspeak.
Fav - Joule
Primary pick - Joule
Alternate choice - Taka, krul

HeavyHitter

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved