Vainglory Forums

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Do you prefer to win by destroying the enemy vain?
If yes, then think about always refusing to surrender.
If no, and you'd rather move on to the next game by surrendering early, do you consider yourself a gracious loser?
If you don't care one way or the other, then more power to you.
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShamanSurf » December 14, 2014 10:27pm | Report
I much prefer destroying the enemy vain crystal over being surrendered to. From now on I vow to embrace the golden rule and I will never ageee to a surrender. Please join me in this quest to make winning more fun. If losing stings a little more, it might help motivate my gameplay. i aplologize in advance to the surrendering wimps I will inevitably be matched with, just please don't friend me if you like to surrender before a game is over, OK?

I would love to see the evil corp. hand out more glory to losing teams that stick it out, and less to teams that surrender. Or maybe that's how it already is?

ShamanSurf
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aristophanes » December 16, 2014 5:11pm | Report
Surrender is part of the game. Keep unmanned one of the major criticisms of Vainglory, one which likely affects revenues for SEM is the length of playing time. Surrender is an honourable way of throwing in the towel to cycle a more efficient user experience.

And if you are Level 20 you will notice that many players don't surrender, they just stick it out at home base until the end, probably AFK. So is that honourable?

No. Use surrender as it is meant to be used in real war and in chess.

Aristophanes
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by thereisnotry » December 19, 2014 9:11am | Report
Wow, that poll is only SLIGHTLY biased. I can't figure out why I didn't vote....

Honestly, my favorite way to win is 10-0-10. That is, if my team wins and I've played an important part in that victory, I'm happy. Crystal explosion or surrender doesn't matter. Winning by surrender is actually preferable, because it allows me to get more games in with my limited gaming time.
Nickname: thereisnotry
Region: NA
Karma Level: 12
Main: Taka!!!! Why am I posting when I could be doing that VainGlory thing?
Secondary: Ringo

thereisnotry
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aristophanes » December 19, 2014 11:42am | Report
Giving up and surrendering are not he same thing.

The latter is part of the game by design.

Aristophanes
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by sasquatch » December 19, 2014 12:00pm | Report
Killing the crystal is more fun in the end, but it always feels good when the team surrenders (I mean early in the game, not when they have one turret left and you just got the kraken). However, most the time when a team surrenders it is because their teammate is AFK. So.. that's always lame.
Stay Frosty

sasquatch

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved