Vainglory Forums

New Character Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » November 27, 2015 7:26pm | Report
So I was thinking about how we finally got someone who uses a sword and next were getting a bow user, why not can we get a sniper user later on. I call him Deadlock but other names could fit him much better, It's just I haven't thought of anything better yet.

Here's what I'm thinking:

I Imagine him as a fully covered metallic slim suit of metal with a jetpack and a cloth hooded head, His face is covered by a strange blackness within his hood. (Sort of like Ardan Tier 2 but slimmer, holding a sniper and hooded with a different colour scheme)

[Deadlock |Position: Lane|Role: Sniper/Assassin|Difficulty: Hard/Medium]

Description: Deadlock is a swift lane assassin/sniper, deadlock players focus on getting as much gold as possible to acquire late game power. Deadlock has deadly force with his every basic attack when playing WP and when he played CP he becomes a Deadly Complicated Assassin.

CP Deadlock - Will require much practice and will be very difficult, It will be based on timing your stacks with your abilities and making it in combos. Stacks will probably take longer to acquire but Ability B and C will do much more damage. Essentially a swift assassin and sniper

WP - Deadlock will be focused on getting stacks quickly and dishing it out, His abilities would result in use for catching up and finishing people off.

Heroic Perk: Dead Meat, Every critical strike gives Deadlock a stack. Dead meat stacks onto people and can stack onto everyone but only one can carry full stacks, second person can stack up to 3 or 4 stacks and the other person can stack up to 1 or 2, Max 6 stacks. Stacks reset when Deadlock dies.

A Ability, Loyality: Shoots 3 basic attacks with a huge speed bonus, these basic attacks are treated as such basic attacks but two automatically gain stacks, third needs to crit. Critical or no critical. Loyality deals extra crystal damage if you have any. Overdrive: All three basic attacks gain stacks, critical or not.

B Ability, Allegiance: Active = Jetpacks forward into the chosen target, Knifing them and then propelling into a chosen spot, When the target is knifed the main stacks are moved to the target, if the target dies the next basic attack on a enemy hero resets the stacks towards them.(Would be activated on who your basic attacking, before activation it would show the area you would click on to decide where you propel to after the stab. Passive = Allows Dead Meat stacks to be used, without ability C unlocked, Dead meat isn't passively running. Overdrive: Gives more range for final repel and grants a stack.

C Ability, Eradication: Ability can be activated twice, the first activation will activate a red light coming from the scope of your sniper for aim effect and vision on the target, once used you cannot basic attack but red light follows the target until a certain range is reached or it can be reactivated dealing massive damage based on the amount of stacks you have. (Eradication can only be targeted on someone with 4 stacks or more.)

Anyway this is what I though he would be like, Any ideas, obviously tell them to me :). If you think Deadlock would be OP. Don't Worry If this considered by Devs. They will balance it just like any other hero.

If you support the Deadlock Idea or absolutely hate it, comment why and submit into this form, If you really want this to be implemented, you can copy and paste this thread into a suggestions email to Super Evil Mega Corp, Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Bl6QH4e09TYH-IJSUwZfyK3HWefS2EgJ34aTfmYBaTc/viewform?usp=send_form

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by blade430 » November 28, 2015 11:23pm | Report
I think that this is a great idea, its really creative. I would revise the passive and the other abilities more, make it even more late game focused. How about this:
passive: For every minion you kill, you gain a stack. Stacks interact with other abilities.
A: deadlock shoots out three shots that do base damage plus extra damage based on the number of stacks collected. scales with WP and/or CP
B: (change this, I feel its too similar to SAW's roadie run) probably a utility ability like deadlock teleports a short distance in any direction (think flash from league of legends) or maybe an ability where deadlock becomes invisible for a short duration
C: just keep it the way it is, except make it so that it scales with the number of stacks you have, and have it so that you don't lose stacks when you use it.

blade430
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » November 29, 2015 12:05am | Report
Yeah of course. This would be changed dramatically so Vain glory would be balanced but I put the his ult to lose stacks kind of like glaive's ult blood song where it does a lot of damage then loses it's stacks. Thanks for supporting the idea though c:

As for the ability B it could be Deadlock flying up with his jet pack to a location, this would allow him to escape over walls like Glaive, Rona, Petal, joule e.t.c.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Amazingelk » November 29, 2015 4:37am | Report
I had an idea that the game could do with a potion splash damage based hero with lobbing skillshot potions and all his abilities are based around his potions (like different styles of potions). I had an idea of a heroic perk which is his basic attacks do splash damage and they could maybe scale a bit with cp ratios.
Main:Catherine
Tier:4
Ign:Amazingelk
-Elk

Amazingelk
Quote | PM | +Rep by urweaka » November 29, 2015 8:15am | Report
Deadshot would be a cool idea. Blade430 has a good idea for his B ult, and I love the idea of turning invisible. Not sure if he's trolling here, but the new sniper Kestrel will be able to turn invisible. Deadshot sounds more like a Kestrel clone, or a male version of her as all of these ults sound too similar to what Kestrel will be able to do. Hop onto Twitch and view http://www.twitch.tv/vainglory/v/26811319 (~1:06) where they hop into her abilities.

Great idea, just is too similar to what Kestrel will be about sounds like.

urweaka
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheMadTurtle » November 29, 2015 11:11am | Report
Can't taka turn invisible

TheMadTurtle
Quote | PM | +Rep by blade430 » November 29, 2015 11:50am | Report
I like this new hero idea. A dev or mod should look at this, it's unique and special in that I already get this vibe that deadlock has a lot of potential. This is gr8, I would love to see deadlock wrecking things in the halcyon fold!

blade430
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » November 29, 2015 1:26pm | Report
Yeah I didn't like the idea of turning invisible. That would make 3 heroes have the ability to do it, it also makes taka even less used.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved