Vainglory Forums

New Guy Dumb Questions

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by zidaneglory » August 26, 2017 7:04am | Report
Hey y'all

I've just jumped onto the Vainglory train and I've gotta say, I'm kind of mad at myself for not having done so already haha. However, I'll be the first to admit that this game DEFINITELY has a learning curve. So here are just a few questions I've got:

1. What should honestly be my focus? Where should I really direct my attention so that I can raise my heroes and gain Ice?

2. Are there any strategies/videos to people playing that could help me out with ideas that'll help me out in-game.

3. I've got some leftover Coins that I used for FFBE back a couple of months ago. I'm not sure that I necessarily want to invest in this game yet, but if I did, where is the best place for me to do so?

Thanks for all your help!

zidaneglory
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » August 26, 2017 7:55am | Report
1. I would think the main focus when starting out would be becoming familiar with the items. Being able to adjust your build to counter the enemies is very helpful. Another focus is finding out what kind of hero you want to play. If you like supporting the team by being tanky and placing vision then a good starting hero for that would be fortress. If you like being squishy and doing lots of damage, try ringo( go in the lane) or koshka (go in the jungle). Also, you don't need Ice to play the game, I've never bought Ice and I'm level 30 and almost T6( T stands for tier and 6 is the 6th level, also known as the hotness)

2. Actually, just try looking on VGF for builds, there are some good ones I'm assuming. (I know enough about the items to not use builds :p) Also watching the streamed tournaments helps as you are literally watching the best of the best. The videos in game aren't bad ether, but I wouldn't just watch them.

3. Like I said before, you don't need Ice to get better and I advise against it unless you want a LE (limited edition) skin, but idk if they are going to make anymore. You get a brand on your in game name that highlights that you bought Ice. My sister and I react to that as, "Oh, this person bought their skins and heroes..." But if you really want to invest in it, I would say use it for more heroes, which brings you closer to being able to play ranked.

I hope this helped and good luck with your matches! :3
"Life without risk is as dull and mindless as lane minions." -TheCatfish :3

TheCatfish
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » August 27, 2017 4:18am | Report
Sorry for derailing the thread but I am just wondering, I thought T6 was Credible Threat and T7 is the Hottness...
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by zidaneglory » August 27, 2017 7:45am | Report
TheCatfish wrote:

1. I would think the main focus when starting out would be becoming familiar with the items. Being able to adjust your build to counter the enemies is very helpful. Another focus is finding out what kind of hero you want to play. If you like supporting the team by being tanky and placing vision then a good starting hero for that would be fortress. If you like being squishy and doing lots of damage, try ringo( go in the lane) or koshka (go in the jungle). Also, you don't need Ice to play the game, I've never bought Ice and I'm level 30 and almost T6( T stands for tier and 6 is the 6th level, also known as the hotness)

2. Actually, just try looking on VGF for builds, there are some good ones I'm assuming. (I know enough about the items to not use builds :p) Also watching the streamed tournaments helps as you are literally watching the best of the best. The videos in game aren't bad ether, but I wouldn't just watch them.

3. Like I said before, you don't need Ice to get better and I advise against it unless you want a LE (limited edition) skin, but idk if they are going to make anymore. You get a brand on your in game name that highlights that you bought Ice. My sister and I react to that as, "Oh, this person bought their skins and heroes..." But if you really want to invest in it, I would say use it for more heroes, which brings you closer to being able to play ranked.

I hope this helped and good luck with your matches! :3

Thanks for the advice and seriously, thanks for honesty with 2&3. I'll definitely be sure to go down the more heroes path if that's what's gonna get me higher quicker. You rock!

zidaneglory
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » September 1, 2017 10:48am | Report
Oh yeah! tier 6 is credible threat, but I am actually in the hotness one :p. I promise I know how to Vainglory... XD
"Life without risk is as dull and mindless as lane minions." -TheCatfish :3

TheCatfish
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved