Vainglory Forums

New Vainglory Hero Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by CassieN0VA » May 2, 2016 4:37pm | Report
Hero Name: Ryder
Position: Roam?
Role: Unknown
Abilities

Soulstealer: Ryder whips his scythe in a wide arc in front of him, damaging all the enemies in his path and healing himself a tiny bit. After hitting an enemy hero, he gets a brief speed boost.

Overdriving the ability will add a brief slow to the struck targets. The slow only lasts for as long as Ryder’s speed boost does (meaning the more time he spends attacking the slowed enemies, the lower his chance of escaping).

Note that the speed boost does not count for lane minions, jungle creeps, or the Kraken.

Dark Snare: Ryder and his steed burst forwards for a short distance, creating a medium-sized shadow pool at their stopping point. Any enemy that is in the pool will be slowed and take damage for as long as they remain in it. Any ally that enters the pool will receive a burst of movement speed for a short, fixed time. They still retain the buff if they leave the pool, but to get it again they must re-enter it. Ryder himself will gain a small damage boost, but it only works if he stays in the pool and hits enemies slowed by it.

Overdriving the ability will slightly increase the size of the pool.

Shadow Break (Ultimate): Ryder and his steed charge forward, smashing into an enemy hero. Any enemies near the target will receive splash damage and the target itself is slowed significantly. While the enemy is slowed, a shadow version of Ryder will split from the slowed target. This form has increased movement speed can only damage the slowed enemy. It exists for a short time and can’t damage any target aside from the slowed one. Enemy heroes, turrets, minions, and Kraken can still damage Ryder when he’s in this form. Ryder’s shadow form also leaves him more susceptible to damage from these sources. Note that Ryder will do very high basic attack damage to the target he slows with this ability.

Overdriving the ability will add a less powerful, but still noticeable slow to its splash damage.

Broken Will (Heroic Perk): Ryder’s basic attacks do more damage to enemies he’s hit with the slow from his abilities.

The slow does not work on lane minions, jungle creeps, or the Kraken.

Extras

• Targets will bleed shadow when slowed
• Ryder’s basic attacks alternate between his mount and himself (he hits the target first with his weapon, and then his horse follows up with a hoof strike or bite)
• Ryder’s dying animation consists of his horse rearing up and slowly disintegrating. Ryder will fall off it but disintegrate before hitting the ground
• Ryder’s first idle animation has his horse’s ears moving, and then it looks around for a few moments before being calmed by Ryder, who strokes its neck and whispers into its ear before relaxing into his previous position
• Ryder’s second idle animation has his reaper blade igniting, and then he suddenly notices and shakes the weapon to put the flames out
• Ryder’s third idle animation has him casually looking around. Every time he looks one way, his horse looks in the opposite direction
• Ryder’s concealed animation (when he is hiding in brush), consists of his mount crouching down while he hunches close to its neck. Every few moments, both he and the horse will look about quickly, and then settle

Given how OP a slow can be, I should note that Ryder's slowing abilities slow for only a short time. Since I'm not totally great at math, I'll leave the rest of the balancing and crystal/weapon power ratios to the geniuses of VG.

I'm not sure how many idle animations a VG hero has (or is supposed to have).

He may not make it into the Fold (like poor Corpus), but I thought he might be a nice idea.

Somewhat Important Note

I actually have a drawing of Ryder somewhere in my massive mess of artwork. I'll put it here once I find it.
IGN: CassieN0va | Lvl 30 | Rock Solid-Skill Tier 3 | Server: NA
Owned Heroes: All (except Varya)
Primary Jungle: Taka
Secondary Jungle: Krul, Petal, Baptiste, Koshka
Primary Lane: Ringo, Skaarf, Gwen
Secondary Lane: Baron, Baptiste
Captain (VERY RARELY): Fortress, Phinn
Team: OverPOWERED KO [OPKO] (Members: Only myself at the moment)
Guild: Aegis

CassieN0VA
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » May 3, 2016 8:50am | Report
His first ability seems just like a mishmash of other heros abilities, Arden's heal when attacking/taking damage and takas speed boost

vikings102
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved