Vainglory Forums

No thumbs up?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

What are you more likely to do?
??? (Thumbs Up)
??? (Thumbs Down)
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZODIARK » October 6, 2015 7:11pm | Report
I have observed that people are more likely to thumbs down a player than a thumbs up. I think that people should honor their teammates more often, like when you see a great player, or when they coordinate the attacks, when they remind you that you are going too far in the lane, when they use a underdog hero (petal) and they prove that they are amazing... All those stuff... I even honor my opponents when they give me a good fight! Spread the love 😍😍😍

ZODIARK
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 7, 2015 4:59pm | Report
I only thumbs up teammates when:

a) They are playing EXCEPTIONALLY well. For example, a SAW that doesn't overextend and can SURVIVE.

b) They don't ping back when other players rudely ping them.

c) They contributed to the overall game.

I suggest that you don't honor your opponents because you never know if they're spamming pings or giving their own teammates a hard time. You have to be in the other team's shoes to really know if you should thumbs up or down.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » October 7, 2015 5:48pm | Report
Veneticius wrote:

I suggest that you don't honor your opponents because you never know if they're spamming pings or giving their own teammates a hard time. You have to be in the other team's shoes to really know if you should thumbs up or down.

WOW! I don't agree with this. It is pretty easy to see if the enemy team is playing well together. It is also easy to see if there is only one or two good players carrying the enemy team. Them only will I thumbs up. If it is a hard fought match, with them winning, I give them the thumbs up. If they completely destroy our team by working together, with our team at least trying (no trolls), I give them a thumbs up. If we crush them, I don't give them any thumbs up or down. There is no way to know if they had one or even two complete dummies (at least trying to play), or if they were just noobs. I don't think it is right to punish players if they are just learning the game. I only thumbs down an enemy if I see they are intentionally losing (i.e. running directly at us and dying on purpose) or if they AFK. My point is, I'll give the other team a thumbs up it it was fun playing with them, or if I recognize they are very good at the game.

Good players should be recognized regardless of what team they are on. I'd like to think that when I play well, I get a thumbs up from all playing. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. the Karma system at its finest :)
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 8, 2015 1:43pm | Report
FederalMafia wrote:

WOW! I don't agree with this. It is pretty easy to see if the enemy team is playing well together. It is also easy to see if there is only one or two good players carrying the enemy team. Them only will I thumbs up. If it is a hard fought match, with them winning, I give them the thumbs up. If they completely destroy our team by working together, with our team at least trying (no trolls), I give them a thumbs up. If we crush them, I don't give them any thumbs up or down. There is no way to know if they had one or even two complete dummies (at least trying to play), or if they were just noobs. I don't think it is right to punish players if they are just learning the game. I only thumbs down an enemy if I see they are intentionally losing (i.e. running directly at us and dying on purpose) or if they AFK. My point is, I'll give the other team a thumbs up it it was fun playing with them, or if I recognize they are very good at the game.

Good players should be recognized regardless of what team they are on. I'd like to think that when I play well, I get a thumbs up from all playing. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. the Karma system at its finest :)

I think you misunderstood me when I said I don't honor my opponents because of you're not them. What I meant was that I don't thumbs up OR thumbs down because you aren't on the other team. Sorry for the confusion, if you thought that I thumbs down my opponents.

You say that there is no way to know if they had one or even two complete dummies (at least trying to play), or if they were just noobs. However, I think there are MANY ways to know if they don't know what they're doing. For example, a SAW could be overextending even though you have killed him in that same situation over 5 times. Another example could be if the opponent's teammates are attacking the tank on your team. All in all, there are ways that you can tell your opponents are dummies. And when that happens, I thumbs down.

Now that I think about thumbing down, what happens to to you if you are thumbs downed for Low Skill or whatever it's called? Do you get bumped down a tier or lose your rank faster per loss?

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » October 8, 2015 3:12pm | Report
Veneticius wrote:

Now that I think about thumbing down, what happens to to you if you are thumbs downed for Low Skill or whatever it's called? Do you get bumped down a tier or lose your rank faster per loss?

Giving a thumbs up or down vote has absolutely no influence on skill tiers. That is why I am so confused as to why people don't use thumbs up more often. Up or down votes ONLY apply to that players Karma rank, nothing at all to do with skill tier regardless of what the reason you give for your vote.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 10, 2015 2:34pm | Report
Now that I think about it one of the other reasons I don't thumbs up more is because I'm in a bad mood. Like if we played awesomely in the beginning and the other team slowly climbed back up for a comeback and they win, I will be so frustrated and angry. I would be thinking we could've won and not how well my teammates did and what a good game it was.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cC8. » October 11, 2015 11:49am | Report
Here's what I do - I thumbs up everyone, every time, unless they afk at which point I do nothing. You know what makes people trolls? Being upset about stupid stuff like karma and not being able to buy a decent hero because they don't have the glory bonus. Good or bad is none of my business - let them get their effing glory. Hopefully they buy a different hero and find their place. What the hell does it matter to you? Also, opponents have saved me by honoring me when I have ****py teammates who thumb me down because I actually want to play a decent game.

cC8.
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » November 17, 2015 6:38am | Report
I thumbs down in these situations.
1. I win, I thumbs down my opponents normally no matter how hard fought the game was

2. When my teammates instalock a character but suck at it

3. When we lose

4. If I went 10, 3, 10 and my team mates didn't get half as many kills or assists

There are probably other points that aren't that commen to me but I still will thumbs them down. If they are bad they deserve to be thumbs down.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » November 21, 2015 4:22pm | Report
I wish I could change my vote now.

I've noticed that I RARELY thumbs down now. Like, 1 out of 10 games. Mostly because of intentional losing, or rude pings.

Even if we lose, I don't thumbs down unless my team was pinging question-marks every second. But that doesn't happen much anymore.

I've also started thumbing up the opponents and my team. If the opponents beat us, thumbs up.

@vikings102 why do you thumbs down your opponents if they fought hard? I understand the other stuff but if it was a really close game, everyone deserves a thumbs up because everyone gave it their all. At least, that's what I think.

Sorry if you're annoyed that I've replied a little too much in this thread.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved